Saturday, April 14, 2018

trying to be escher-esque

Another pre-vacation creation for you today. This was to test drive a new die. And give Escher-esque a try. I love optical illusions, don't you?

recycled envelope liner

Know how in her blog posts Joan B. says "mood when finished..." Well on this baby I'd have to say "mood when creating: experiment friendly", "mood when finished: what the heck did I think I was doing?".

If I recall correctly, it all started with a green watercolored piece from this project. Then I sorted through my watercolored background stash for a contrasting piece. Now I know that solid color CS would have had a much better effect ;)

On these illusion thingies, the eye will go to the darkest first - thus you see the leaf green and recognize those as the tops of the stacked squares. And I wanted the two left rows of cubes to appear to be "facing right" - in other words I used the purple pieces to fill the right sides of the cubes since that was the next darkest color I had. Then I used the orange/reddish pieces to fill the left sides of the remaining rows of cubes. But the gradient nature of the non-green watercolored piece made this difficult to achieve! If you want to see what originally inspired me, check this out.

Since things were already pretty outta control, I went with some funky envelope liner for the background and then a plain white die cut sentiment. No idea who I'll ever send this to!!!!!

Thanks for looking though. You're a real trooper ;) I'm actually going to take this over to:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Texture
Die Cut Divas - Anything Goes

4 comments:

Anita in France said...

Well, I think you were Escher-esque, Maria ... kind of funky, cool and unexpected ... yep, him in a nutshell! Hugs, Anita :)

Teresa Kline said...

so pretty, what an amazing design...luv this! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Arlene said...

I think you're being too hard on yourself. I love this. :) So glad you added your card to Die Cut Divas.

kksb said...

LOL. You finished it. That alone speaks of determination. I like it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...