Tuesday, April 24, 2018

STAMPlorations release - wanderlust/travel dies

Hope you've been enjoying the events over at STAMPlorations this month where the gals have been creating with the newly released products? Today a group of us are working with the Wanderlust/Travel word and phrase dies. You can catch the whole lineup here.

When I saw these travel related products it jogged a memory. Have a moment for a story?

My cardmaking addiction hobby actually started when I made party invitations for DH's 50th. With one circle punch and one PP pack. After that I thought I could scrapbook memories for my kids. Went online to see what other PP was out there. HA! And got sucked in. I still remember discovering online shops. And galleries. And You Tube videos. And challenges. Basically the whole wonderful world of cardmakers (as my kids would say... "oh, you mean your ooooonline friends").

Well, I never made one scrapbook page (though it's kinda funny that my file for online order invoices is titled "scrapbook" - HA!).

But back to today's project. You may have caught wind of pocket page scrapbooking ;) Now that, folks, could be much more my style; I basically used to do it. Kind of. When I was in college I'd cut out words and sentences from magazines and add them into my photo album as captions or overlays for my photos. Ahead of my time, I was ;)

So I decided to make myself some cards/journal cards/whatever they're called (these dies are the perfect size and attitude for just that) in case I ever actually decide to do some scrapbooking!

distress inks
embossing powder
sewing machine

They're 3x4" with rounded corners. Kept the color scheme the same and quite limited. Used blues thinking they might go well with photos of lovely blue skies from our last road trip.... Not much more I can do now to make that scrapbook page happen than to JUST DO IT, eh?

I'd actually thought of doing the journal cards on old map paper. But then (it's graduation time, ya know?) I came up with this idea as a way to gift money.

old map
twine

Glued an old map (make it extra special by using a map of the recipient's destination) to CS and die cut the pillow box. Then I stamped a strip of CS and die cut "just go". I decided I liked the look of the negative better than the positives so I added a touch of twine and adhered the negative to the pillow box and called it good to go.

I hope you're enjoying the projects from the rest of the girls today. I just love all the new wanderlust projects. Maybe cuz I just love to travel...

Thanks for coming by. I'm stopping by these challenges:
Kreativtanten - Alles Geht
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies
Paper Players - Sketch


16 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a clever interpretation of this week's sketch Maria - such a clever little box with so many thoughtful details. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Cheetarah said...

Great designs and love the color combo - makes me think of the beach and how I want to be there now :) xo

Dee Earnshaw said...

super projects - LOVE the blue/green/yellow color combo!!!

Gail said...

Lovely color choices--- liking what I see on your post - you did a fabulous work of art with the new stamps/dies - TFS

Cris G. said...

With spring at our doors (it never really got in... here it looks more like "sprinter") and summer approaching fast, your cards make me wish to get lost in a blue sea and golden sand. See what you did :)?

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty colors used. Love the journal cards you made. I am about to do a little traveling myself and these would look great in a scrapbook or travel journal. Love your genius idea of the pillow box & old map.

Jean said...

Love this travel theme. Thank you for the inspiration

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

They’re so gorgeous!

Suman Pandit said...

love the beautiful colors on the cards and the box with map paper is just genius !!

Jane said...

Inspired! Love those aqua tones and the stamps and dies are just spectacular!

Macimbalo said...

Love your color choices - my favs! So happy you could share this with us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes w/ Dies Challenge and good luck!

Arianna Barbara said...

Love your cool projects!!!

Heather said...

These are awesome!! Love the colors in the first set; so pretty! And that little graduation box is adorable; and just plain cool!

Alex said...

Interessanter weg eine alte Karte zu verwenden.
Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme an unserer aktuellen Challenge bei den Kreativ-Tanten und viel Glück! Hoffentlich sehen wir uns nächsten Monat wieder.

LG Alex

*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#16 – Alles geht}
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#16 – Pastellfarben}
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#47 – Blumen}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Sue D said...

Very clever projects.

Twingomaus said...

Sieht super aus!
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Kreativtanten.
Viele Grüße Andrea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...