Friday, February 2, 2018

papertrey make it monday

Playing along at the Papertrey Make it Monday where Stephanie created a lovely card using different types of recycled papers. Well I can do that. I could do that for the next million cards probably...

Here's her card.

Here's mine.


I should definitely get the prize for using up the most S**T from my workspace for this one! All I actually "did" for this, besides glueing, is die cut the notebook edge, the butterflies from a dictionary page and the mat for my sentiment.

The other "stuff" included my trimmed down stamping off scrap paper (recognize the pink snowballs and black scribble circles?), a PC-generated sentiment I've had in my drawer for years, a neon "happy" that was rejected in favor of a black one awhile ago and some little butterflies punched from scraps. I've got a whole box of them. Oh, and the mat is actually a piece of cloth I dyed with leftover Easter egg dye.

Are you playing too? I'd love to see what you recycle. Happy weekend!



12 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous!

Kathy Mc said...

WOW, Maria, this turned out great. The cover plate butterflies look good using a dictionary page and that cloth is beautiful. Love the way you added your sentiment, too.

Marina said...

I love how you've incorporated so many bits and pieces in this gorgeous summery card.

Nancy Penir said...

Maria, this card's a winner whatever you used! Gorgeous outcome, gorgeous colors and wonderful layout!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...I am so impressed by all you used! Beautiful card Maria!! :0)

Marlena M. said...

Wonderful dimension and layers Maria~

Teresa said...

great idea to cut the butterfly from dictionary. very pretty.

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Maria! Love the soft colors of that background paper and the butterflies die cut from a dictionary page is a lovely touch!

Susanne Vargas said...

Congratulations on using all this stuff from your workspace! AND making it look fabulous!

Shelly said...

Beautiful, Maria!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors of the background.

Anita in France said...

Such dreamy loveliness from 'scraps' ... gorgeous, Maria! Hugs, Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...