Wednesday, October 18, 2017

recycling for a pocket shaker card

I saw a Christmas card over at Kristina W.'s and my recycling-loving creative soul got all excited... What do you think I recycled?


That's recycled stamp set cellophane packaging, my friends! Made my card, a pocket shaker really (who says a card has to have a flap?!?) by filling and stitching one up!

Chose packaging which would fit my envelope. Trimmed a piece of vellum to fit inside it and added sequins and die cut Confetti from Winnie and Walter that was left over from the stencil I made for this card

I die cut "happy" from Papertrey from paper that matches the printed vellum. These were from a pad I got at Aldi years ago! Finally found a way to use it up that I actually like! See how cool it looks when the light shines through the pocket?


That white strip with the secondary sentiment from Keep it Simple Belated Birthday is matched by a white strip on the back so I have a place to write a message.

Loving this fun "card", I decided to pair sequins and unicorns. Cuz why not, right? And I remembered this challenge over at Where Creativity Meets C9.



This is also a pocket shaker, but with a piece of PP I stamped on in it rather than a piece of vellum. I incorporated the Concord and 9th colors and played with Unicorn Awesomeness. Added a strip of blue torn CS along the bottom and stamped the sentiment onto an ombred die cut. I stamped white CS with Altenew teals and blues using a stamp from Scribbly Splattery Grunge, spritzed it with lotsa Perfect Pearls and die cut it using STAMPlorations Bloom Happy before stamping the sentiment in navy.

I absolutely love playing with the finished result - all those fabulous sequins, hearts and moons and stars (no clover for you Lucky Charms eaters out there ;)


 Hope you enjoyed these. So easy to make and SUCH FUN to play with ;)

I'm taking both of these birthday cards over to Anything Goes at Seize the Birthday, too. And the first one to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies.


7 comments:

Anita in France said...

You're so inventive, Maria ... these are both fabulous! I'm rather taken with the vellum balloon one especially ... love how it allows the light to shine through ... and of course, I adore all those yummy blues around the unicorn! Hugs, Anita :)

laurie said...

So bright and cheerful! Love the design. Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers..so happy you joined us!

Loll said...

This is so clever and creative, Maria. LOVE the way you've used the packaging to create the shaker card! Now if only I could sew .... sigh! xx

Mac Mable said...

Such a treat today with your two amazing cards. Wow to the shaker card...so unique and love the clever stamping on the second card...fabulous x

JoAnn said...

Cute birthday card. I like how you stamped on the pattern paper. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent recycling! That bg is is so fun~ Thanks for joining in at STB.

Julie B said...

Fab shakers Maria, such a great use of all those odds and ends we all have and if you are like me, hate to throw away!
Thanks for sharing at HLS Anything Goes with dies too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...