Friday, June 23, 2017

an indigo mood board

The goddess of layers, Kate L, put together a fabulous moodboard, rich in layers and indigo hues. Have you seen it over on IG? I was quick on the take with a technique idea but slow with a design.


My self-imposed constraints for my crafting session were: two anniversary cards (needed) incorporating die cut die cuts (to play at Seven Hills Crafts June challenge). 

What catches your eye amidst that beauty? My eye was drawn to that gown. I saw die cut waste, gold embossing and distress inking! This is what I made.



The couple whose wedding I stood up to in a peach gown way back when gets a piece of peachy PP behind the die cut die cuts (one inked with Tea Dye and Festive Berries) and various bloom die cuts in navy on the smaller heart.



I stood up to this recipient couple's wedding in teal - couldn't make that happen here ;) Brought in more lines in a nod to that cool pant suit in the form of PP and washi. Used feathers on the smaller heart. And added some tiny red hearts to mimic a tab on the left. Hearts = love = anniversary.

Thanks for the inspiration Kate! And thanks for stopping by today.

feathers die





7 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow! Love your take on the mood board, these cards are fabulous, so unique looking, Cathy x

SD pooja said...

Wow loved the modern look of both the cards !

Anita in France said...

Cool, stylish and so striking, Maria ... your detailing is just brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Gemma said...

Lovely! Thank you for joining us at the Seven Hills Crafts Challenge this month.

Jenny said...

Wow Maria! these are gorgeous cards and I love how you've interpreted the inspiration photo so perfectly and played along with the challenge this month too. the navy floral dies look amazing across the top of that heart!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts this month :)
Jenny x

SmilynStef said...

Adore how you combined the paper with your hearts

Kathryn Lorenzini said...

this seems so, so long ago... I'm catching up on your blog, as it's been awhile and frankly, my ability to focus on blogs is pretty low--I don't even go to challenges anymore-- I can challenge myself easily enough just by looking around my studio!! LOL. So I save my energy for a select few, which includes yours :) Thinking of that post you wrote awhile back when you discussed the existence of blogs-- does anyone do it anymore-- or are other social media, like IG, taking over. I can tell you that IG (despite the frustrating algorithm) is the only SM I deal with on a daily basis any more and the only one I can embrace for art-focused inspiration. Pinterest= overwhelming and not self-curated, and is only good if you really know what you are looking for. FB sucks, always has & always will, only still there for DT and some family connections. And blogs-- I wish I were writing more and producing content as I love my creative website (as opposed to my professional one-- think it's time to have someone design it for me and pay the big bucks). Anyway, I hope you are well, enjoying your summer travel and family. Thanks as always for your inspiration-- you keep it real and interesting, and frankly, I have gotten very bored with the papercraft world after 3+ years... glad you're still around! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...