Thursday, March 10, 2016

gelli plate print easter cards

Well if only making stuff with 'em was as easy as producing 'em ...

I had a test drive of my NBUS Gelli plate yesterday and boy oh boy is it addicting. It's like the magic of heat embossing and watercoloring rolled into one! You seriously never know what you are going to get each time you pull a print. (Of course, spatial thinkers out there can probably plan their layers and colors ahead of time and know what they're gonna get. Moi? Not yet.) I decided to keep my colors pretty much to one color family to avoid "mud" and have some fun. This happened. In less than an hour ;)


Today I grabbed the three prints indicated above and made these. I had used printer paper to pull prints so just adhered that to the front of cardbases. Then the big question. What now?


The print I had fallen in love with was number 1, which I turned into the two cards in the middle row. And then they became these cards. Here's #1.


Stamped with a Tim Holtz Easter Blueprint, planning to place the MFT bow up top to cover an empty spot. Didn't like the offcenteredness so I stamped an Impression Obsession sentiment vertically to balance it out. And to cover the excessive blackness at the base of the bunny I snipped some grass out of tissue paper and stitched it along the bottom. A challenge, this one. Unlike the next one, #2.


Isn't this fun? I had pulled out extra die cuts that were laying around from recent projects, like this one, and something made me think of covering one of the eggs on this print with a die cut egg. And that led to the idea of keeping the stamping light and whimsical and voila! Thanks to Paper Smooches Spring Fling.

On to print number 3. Lovely blue/green-ness. Also a cool print made by taking CS leftover after die cutting lots of w&w leaves and using it as a stencil on the Gelli plate (like the eggs above).

Meet #3. Lotsa lovely white space.


Stamped the egg from Tim Holtz Easter Blueprint, masked it and sponged a bit of Broken China around it to set it off a bit from the busy background.

Here's #4.


This half of the print had to become an Easter card too. See those faint egg outlines. Another of the magical moments provided by the Gelli plate. (After pulling the colorful egg print and its "ghost", I laid down some blue and green paint and made this print, getting the remnants of the colorful print too. Clear as mud?)

The little bunny? He was sent to me by Bev B., so I perched him on a die cut square topped with a die cut leaf for interest. Stamped my sentiment on both and lined them up. Two more leftovers put to good use ;)

Last card  #5 was a cinch.


I like how the giant image nestles nicely into the circles on the print. From Joy Crafts Spring.


Whew. Hope I've inspired you. This all came about cuz I was inspired by Darnell's NBUS challenge which is ending today. Thanks for the push, girlfriend.


Card #1 is going to:
Time Out - #51 Easter/Spring
Stempelkueche - #39 Stitched
SSS Wednesday Challenge - A bit of Green


Card #2 is going to:
Penny Black and More - Feature a Creature
SSS Monday Challenge - Make your own Background
Addicted to Stamps and More - #184 Clean and Simple
Artistic Stamper - Springtime

Card #3 is going to:
Time Out - #51 Easter/Spring I've even used the option of masking on this card!
SSS Wednesday Challenge - A bit of Green
Double D - Feeling Green

Card #4 is going to:
Challenge up your Life - Die Cutting
Mixed Media Mojo - Springtime
Anything but Cute - Crazy for Colour
SSS Monday Challenge - Make your own Background

And card #5 is going to:
Penny Black and More - Feature a Creature
SSS Monday Challenge - Make your own Background
Artistic Stamper - Springtime

43 comments:

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous cards. A brilliant way to use your prints.
Elaine

Suchi said...

I havent ever your gelli plates...but love the results of this medium! Gorgeous cards Maria! First one is my fave too! :)
Suchi xx

brenda said...

A super collection of really bright and welcoming cards Maria, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Vintagehandmade said...

Gorgeous vibrant and fun card! Love your colours and how you used your gelli prints!
Thank you so much for joining in our Crazy For Colour challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT x

Mac Mable said...

Yes a gelli plate is on my list and after seeing your blog today I've popped it up to the top! Gorgeous, fun, vibrant and very creative cards. You look like you really had fun! x

Darlene said...

WOW! These are all just fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Feeling GREEN’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Ingrid said...

WOW - these are just GORGEOUS!!! I love those egg prints. Everything is so vibrant and colorful. I just love playing with my plate,so glad you had fun playing with yours!!! Great cards. :)

Kathy Krug said...

Love all the bright colors. These cards just sing spring. Thanks for joining us Double D Challenges.

Loll said...

AWESOME! Looks like you had lots of fun with your gelli!! And great cards. I will have to try using printer paper for pulling prints --- great idea! Thanks for the inspiration. xx

Cris G. said...

This is so cool!! If you have some time, please watch this video, if you haven't already :). Here is the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7mAJkcY45M

Virginia L. said...

......thud.... (that's MY jaw!!)
I am now officially intrigued by Gelli plate. Your samples are totally Beautiful!! I love the results that you successfully achieved! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “A Bit O’ Green” Challenge!

Donna B. said...

Great idea! Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Kim Heggins said...

You are simply amazing...just love your wonderful and sweet Easter cards. Thank you so much for all the sweet egg die cuts you sent to me. I plan to play with those this weekend.

Rahmat said...

Oh wow Maria! you have been busy! I love the vibrancy of colors you chose to work with. I don't get all these products here, so no idea what gelli plate is, or how it works. But looking at your projects, I will ask the craft store to order it for me if possible.
I love the Easter eggs one a lot, and the 5th one is the show stopper for me :)
Thank you for dropping by and leaving kind words at my blog, I am going to hit the followers tab, so that I can drop by often here. Have a great day!

Susanne Vargas said...

A Gelli plate has been on my wish list for a while! Looks like so much fun! Love the prints you made and the cards, too!

Rahmat said...

Just coming back to say, thank you for linking up with us at ATSM.

maria f. said...

Kim... That print with the eggs... Made using the leftover from die cutting the eggs to send to you. Just used that scrap as a stencil on my Gelli plate!!!

Mandy LaCroix said...

SUPER cute! I love them ALL! :)
Thanks for sharing it over at Addicted to Stamps & More! :)

Happy Dance said...

Late, late, late...that's me. I am so sorry for not commenting sooner about these absolutely fantastic cards. (Thanks for the shout out, btw!) I love what you've done with the gelli plate. Those colors are amazing! I love the look of them, and how they have such an artsy feel. Wow! These have made wonderful Easter cards, and I can't wait, as I know we'll see more of your fantastic work with the gellis, to see what's next. Absolutely stunning. Love them. Bev

Mimi Zitrone said...

Tolle Karten! Und cool genäht auf der Nr. 1! Danke für deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelküche-Challenge! LG Biggi

Rachel said...

these are so much fun! i can tell you enjoyed your gelli plate! you got some gorgeous prints. the easter egg shaped ones are great! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Lula said...

Love all your cards! Stunning printing along with attention to the details make them perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Mojo this time.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the design and background. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

cm said...

The gelli plates are an unknown to me, but given what you've created here - ultra awesomeness - I'm going to do some mystery-unraveling. Call me "tempted"...Fantastic cards that see me smiling brightly!
Hugs~c

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous prints, and I love what you've done with them! I've got my eye on the bottom left and bottom centre prints (love that splash of pink) to see how you use them.

Giggles said...

Stunning prints and I love how you adhered them to the card!! Your enhancements gave them even more oomph....Wonderful work!

Hugs Giggles

Anita in France said...

Wow, Maria ... you made magic with that gelli plate ... and then waved your creative wand all over again to create all these amazing, vibrant beauties! Awesome artistry! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Emma Williams said...

What great backgrounds and all of them are so vibrant and eye catching!
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely cards and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

SonjaK said...

Wow, what an awesome array of Easter cards! I haven't taken out my gelli plate for ages but I really do have to use it again. It's really so much fun playing with all those colors and paints. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Stempelküche challenge.

Ellibelle said...

You created some gorgeous prints with the gelli plate, love the colors you used too! The cards came out beautifully!
Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Those are just sooooo cool!!! Per hap I do need a gelly plate...

Cec said...

Gorgeous prints and you have turned them into some fun cards. My Gelli plate has been gathering dust and I definitely need to change that. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
Hugs!
Cec

Deb said...

Those are all fabulous, love the wonderful bright colours and images you used. Thanks so much for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo! Deb xo

debby4000 said...

Fabulous backgrounds, they make brilliant cards.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Linby said...

wow you have been busy with your gelli plate - I must get mine out. Love all your prints and the stamps over them look fab.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

Ela said...

Wow, eine ganze Menge tolle Karten. Ich sollte mein Geli-Plate mal wieder auspacken.
Vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen bei Challenge up your Life!
LG
Ela

Jill V said...

Wow Maria - these are absolutely gorgeous! My Gelli plate has been collecting dust sitting on my shelf for a long time now - I am now completely inspired to pull it out and play! Thanks so much sharing your inspiring designs with us at Time Out! Jill

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

gorgeous cards ! thank you so much for sharing them with us at The Artistic Stamper
WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful collection of cards with us at Mixed Media Mojo.
xxx Hazel

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Lovely cards ! thank you so much for sharing with us at The Artistic Stamper
WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

Unknown said...

Gelli Plate Genius!! Love, love, love your colored eggs!! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Maria said...

Oh what fun! Love the gelli plate! Great prints and wonderful cards! THanks so much for playing along with Mixed Media Mojo this month!

Astrid Maclean said...

Amazing work!! Love those gelli prints! Fabulous project!! I adore the colours you used! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...