Monday, February 8, 2016

paperspade

Sorry nothing better came to mind as a title. I'm moved by the celebrations happening at Papertrey's 9th anniversary as well as the 30-Day Coloring Challenge at Kathy R.'s blog. Kudos to those who manage to play along daily with both...




So I'd seen an article about Kate Spade (fashionista I am not, but her designs get me every time) including this photo and it moved me to grab Copics in pink and orange to do some coloring of some digi images that I found when cleaning up my scrap room mess. It was gonna be a 10 minute coloring exercise, ya know? Then I noticed some kraft paper waiting to be recycled... Two hours later I had this set of cards.


Hope the fashion connection counts for the PTI challenge. You're supposed to create based on a piece of clothing you own or would like to own. I'd basically take anything Kate Spade has to offer, even building decoration.

And I had these challenges in the back of my mind when creating:
Mod Squad - Hearts and Flowers
Time Out - #49 Love is the Flower you've got to let Grow
Curtain Call - Sachet (my colors are off, but I remembered a folksy feel)

Our Rosenmontag parade was cancelled due to extreme wind conditions. Boo hoo. Hope your Carnival is progressing under better conditions if you're a Carnival-er! Helau!

20 comments:

cm said...

WOW, Maria...two hours well invested! Your Kate Spade inspired cards are gorgeous! Vibrant and beautiful! Colouring on kraft...added to my 'must try' list!
Hugs~c

Mac Mable said...

You look like you had loads of fun with this one. Such gorgeous vibrant colours, which goes so well with the kraft card/paper. Thank you for the inspiration x

SD pooja said...

Beautiful cards !! The bold pink n orange pops on the craft base :)

SD pooja said...

Beautiful cards !! The bold pink n orange pops on the craft base :)

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Beautiful cards, Maria! Love the bright flowers against kraft paper with white additions.

sandie said...

your colouring is amazing Maria and looks so vibrant on the kraft. Thanks for leaving us a lovely comment on our main blog and great to see you at TO

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome look with the bright colors against the kraft!

Diana K said...

Loving these fabulous bright colours on the Kraft background. Totally wowed!

Ardyth said...

Love the bright colours on the kraft! (I see everyone else does too! lol!)

Barbara said...

Wow, a set of beautiful cards and so colorful. Love how you were able to use up some of the Kraft as they look great on it. Good luck, and thanks for joining in the challenge at the Mod Squad this week.
Barbara, Mod Squad Challenge host

Kathy said...

wowoowo love how your flowers pop off of the kraft paper. Stunning :)

Aileen said...

Love how you have used these flowers with the kraft. Wonderful look.

Suchi said...

These are WOWWWW!! And your coloring is beyond words! :)
Suchi xx

Loll said...

Sweet!! LOVE orange and pink (my favourite combo!). This are fantastic. Love each of the four designs ... and so perfect on the kraft card base. Great job Maria! xx

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are so pretty and fun!

Marisa said...

Love the bright colours :) Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call.

Anita in France said...

Oh my, these gorgeous colours against the neutral kraft, Maria ... sooo delicious ... and so striking ... love the touches of background white! Hmmm ... four cards in two hours ... amazing ... me ... two cards in four days would be more like it!! So delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

Ela said...

Die Karten sind wirklich toll geworden, die Farben sind der Hammer!
LG
Ela

Lisa Kind said...

I love those flowers and the pops of color on them! They look so good on that kraft paper! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

Jill V said...

Fabulous cards Maria! I just love the white and bright colours against the kraft background - such a wonderful comnination and so brilliantly executed! Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out! Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...