Wednesday, May 6, 2015

lotsa white


I'm still having fun with my Winnie and Walter goodies and playing in the iNSD challenges WW and Pinkfresh Studio are holding. Ready for lotsa white space?




My inspiration came from the lower right and upper left photos from the Mood Board challenge - light and airy white on white like the gown and a touch of yellow like the washi tape. This is actually going to the same sweet girl I made this canvas for.


I layered white embossing paste through a stencil sent to me by the lovely Loll to my cardbase. I layered In a Word Hugs, which was watercolor paper smooshed with Distress Inks and splattered with gold, onto three layers of yellow CS to achieve a glow behind it. Notice the sweet little butterfly perching on the "s"? From Essentials: Audrey.


Isn't that light and airy dimension wonderful? The roses and leaves are from Maggie's Roses.

Then there is this Card Sketch challenge. Hard not to go with circles, but I ended up using stars.




Notice the multifaceted star? Like Kelly G., I had perused the facets of the Multifaceted die cut for geometric shapes and found this wonky star! Even used some of the "fallout" to make my little stitched banner under the sentiment :)


The stripes behind the focal image were made with clear embossing paste through the SSS Diagonal Stripe stencil. The other stars were die cut with Sizzix Star framelits die from tissue paper and CS. My sentiment is composed of a stamp from The Big, The Bold and Extras and a word from ARTplorations Hello and Company.

Notice the hole in the turquoise star? I'm playing here.


 And I may be pushing the limits of CAS, but I'm hooking up at Happy Little Stampers.


Lots to do today. Hope the sunshine sticks around. Enjoy your day.

20 comments:

Kylie said...

That first card is sensational. All that texture and die cuts is crazy good. Still looks CAS! Your second card rocks it too. LOVE your stitched banner. You are soooo clever! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Karren said...

Fabulous cards! I love all the interest you've created on the first card - just amazing!

Jane said...

Super cards, love all the textures you've created. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Loll said...

Two fabulously creative cads my friend!! LOVE the layering and dimension on your first with the layers of white background and hope of colour from your watercoloured sentiment ... so artsy and beautiful. And your second card is awesome!! Love the colours, design and your creative way of adding layers of tissue paper die-cuts and sewn detailing. Always inspired when I visit. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Loll said...

Oops ... pop of colour. :)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What can I say Maria . . . you're a design genius!! All those stunning layers and details and yet still so very CAS! Pleased to be your latest follower! Hazel xx

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both fabulous! I love all of the yummy white layers on the first one -- it's gorgeous! And your second card is so fun!

Monica K. said...

Gorgeous!! I love all the white texture.

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Great cards, love the textures in the first one and the subtle lines in the second

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! There's always so much going on in your cards but they're still so light and airy. Proper cassy ;)

VanessaB said...

fantastic. i love them both!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wonderful creations Maria! I so love your style!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Absolutely love both of these cards Maria! Both are so unique and filled with beautiful colour and texture. I also love how you used the fallout from the multi faceted die, so very clever!

Darnell said...

AwesomeNESS, Maria!! I especially love the pretty hugs in a bed of whipped cream!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Thank you so much for your comment!
Oh, I love your hugs card - it´s gorgeous! So much intersting white details on the background! Great design!
PS: Can I also talk German to you? I´d prefer to comment in German :-)

cm said...

LOVE x two...that's all!
Hugs~c

Kim Heggins said...

What a pair of beauties!

Anita in France said...

I'm always ready for lots of white, Maria ... these are stunners ... yummy texture and dimension! One of my LL posts this month will have you smiling ... yours had me at 'white'! Anita :)

Justine Hovey said...

Both cards are fantastic! Thanks for playing over at AAA Cards! Justine

wienerhoneymooners said...

Maria, you ALWAYS amaze me -this card above, in white, knocks my socks off!!!!

I hope you join in for MANY chances to WIN prizes on the AAA Birthday BASH - Right NOW!!
Thanks for joining us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...