Friday, March 13, 2015

simply create too 81



It's all about "Easter or Bunnies" over at Simply Create Too this time around. I went Easter with this cute Chick Stack from Stamping Bella.


I started by trimming a panel from watercolor paper and watercoloring with yellow and green. When dry, I stamped three different sizes of eggs with white pigment ink to achieve a bokeh look. TIP: You get an even better bokeh effect by sponging white pigment ink through a stencil. But I wanted to use the egg shape so I used the reverse of clear stamps.

Then I temporarily adhered the panel to the card front and die cut the oval. Stamped chicks on the inside of card (with sentiment) peeking through aperture. Tied a bow with crochet thread and adhered it.

How about getting a jump start on your Easter cards? Simply create, too, and join us. Thanks for visiting today.

3 comments:

  1. Those chicks are so cute and I love that you used eggs for the bokeh effect, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easter egg bokeh ... how cute and fun, Maria ... your stacked chicks are so sweet! Anta :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Easter card, love the watercolour background.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead... make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...