Wednesday, January 7, 2015

winnie and walter mojo overload #1


Take the disappearance of PCS submission call stress, add a couple weeks of quiet Christmas holidays and a fabulous birthday bash of challenges at Winnie and Walter and what do you get? A parade of cards from me.


Happy first birthday, ladies! The design team over at W&W is so talented, and each gal has created a challenge. I actually only intended to participate in four (cuz I would LOVE to join them as guest designer!!!) but my mojo took over...

The first to catch my eye was Lea's mood board.



Saw the soft sweater up top and thought "classy baby card." Ran with the gold glitter letters idea and this card was born. Stamped "blessings" from The Big, Bold and Blessings in amuse Latte on cream CS. Notice the heart on the rocking horse in a nod to the burgundy from the mood board? I've another take on this challenge coming soon, too.

The next was the light and airy collage put together by Laura.



That mint blanket also spoke "baby" to me (we have a couple coming soon in the 'hood) and I just love the abundance of white space with a tiny touch of black, so this is what I created. I used The Big, Bold and Blessings, The Big, Bold and Happy and Big Bang Confetti on this one. TIP: for a great effect include the secondary sentiment on a snippet of contrasting CS in conjunction with the big script sentiments, which in this case I heat embossed onto vellum and fussy cut.

For mint I like to use Distress Ink Evergreen Bough, watered down. So while I had it out, I was moved to give Heather's color combo of white, silver/gray, mint/aqua and blue a try.


A somewhat gradient mint BG created by applying DI to an acrylic block, spritzing with water and then stamping. TIP: If you let the DI air dry rather than using your heat gun, the result is much smoother and less splotchy. Silver embossing and silver washi tape. Blue on the circle holding the "a" and for the non-embossed portion of the sentiment. For this card I also needed some words from The Big, Bold and Extras.

I'm off to enter these fun challenges too:
Virginia's View - #11 Clean Slate

And the gold baby card is going to AAA Cards - #31 Use a little Gold

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Old and New (old tissue paper combined with new Little B rocking horse die) on the first baby card!

And since the Little B die is new, I'm going over to the playhouse and Darnell's NBUS challenge.


Whew. Thanks for coming by today. Does one of these cards strike your fancy? Speaking of which, Kelly G. prompted me to do a Top Ten of 2014 post, so watch for that this weekend...

27 comments:

Jingle said...

These are really great card designs! I love them!

Hannelie said...

Yay! So happy to be treated with this lovely array of cards!
Love your talent and creativity!
Hugs
x

~amy~ said...

love them all, especially the baby card!

Anonymous said...

Cuuuute cards!!!!!!!

cm said...

Keep that mojo flowing and the W&W cards coming, Maria! These are alll stunning, inspired and inspiring. Love them all....and words can't convey how much these dazzling delights are lifting my spirits! Gorgeous!
Hugs~c

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such fab-u-lous cards Maria! And all so wonderfully CAS! Hazel x

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful cards, especially the middle on with the lovely aqua colored star!

Anita in France said...

What? How could only one card take my fancy, Maria ... they all do! Lovely soft 'quilted' look on the rocking horse card, wonderful delicate aqua star and stunning silver embossing against that gorgeous mint background! Yum, yum, yum! Anita :)

shirley-bee said...

Oh, these are stunning! I love the rocking horse with the burgundy heart, the mint with black and white accents, and the last one reminds me of a seascape. Headland front right, horizon, sky/clouds. See it?

Kim Heggins said...

Maria...these are the sweetest cards. I love that adorable rocking horse, just too darn cute.

Hussena said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards ..Especially loved the first Baby card ..So elegant !!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your cards Maria and love that softness...
perfect to end a real dark day
Thank You!!

Greta said...

Wowzer, Maria--what wonderful cards! You've really inspired me!

Loll said...

Three amazing cards Maria. LOVE The elegant baby card with all the gold glitter --- gorgeous. And your other two cards ... what can I say, I LOVE waterecoloured cards and they are awesome! Would love for you to join us at Happy Little Stampers where the Jan. CAS Challenge is watercolouring. Loll xx

Shona Chambers said...

Well done, these are all amazing!! I especially love the Welcome Baby with the mint colouring. You cut out the vellum perfectly and thank you for the tip about watering down Evergreen Bough. I actually have that colour, so must give it a go!!!

PStanley said...

Love the star one! It really stood out in Virginia's View's link up!

DoofyJEss2 said...

Wow. AMAZING cards!! That star one really popped out at me from the W&W adlinks and I had to check your blog out. Then BAM I got myself a surprise helping of another two!!

Shelly said...

CUUUTE cards!

Julia said...

Wow! The cards are all so lovely! I especially like the middle one. It's just beautiful. The baby card with a touch of gold is spot on with the inspiration. Thanks for joining in with AAA.

Angela said...

Maria, this is an awesomely chic baby card in gold! Thank you for celebrating with us at AAA Cards and Happy New Year!

Deepti said...

Superb designs!!! I came up with a few designs on W & W challenges and now I'm thinking... I wish I had ur mind ;)

Lea Lawson said...

Girl...you've done an amazing job with all of these challenges!! Such eye candy!! Especially loving that baby card!!! ;) Thanks for joining in on my mood board challenge!!

Darnell said...

Maria, I'm so glad your creativity is flowing freely after the blow of losing the publication possibilities. Your creativity seems more outstanding than ever. Each of these cards is a marvel! Normally, I love them all the same, but for this post your "blanket" star really melted my heart!! Thank you so much for linking the golden baby card to my NBUS Challenge #3!! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

PS. They'd be positively silly not to ask you to join them as a Guest Designer!!

Linda Beeson said...

What great ideas! So glad you could play along at AAA Cards

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous cards! Fabulous designs. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Great cards! Love the gold glitter and the watercolor background you made on the last card :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...