Saturday, December 20, 2014

JIT magic slider


I remember when "just-in-time" (JIT) was something new in the automotive world. Now it's pretty much the story of my life when it comes to Christmas shopping. Where would I be without online shopping?

It also applies to today's card. DD asked me to make a magic slider (after I'd made this card) for her girlfriend whose birthday was back early November. Her party is today. I made the card... yesterday. See? JIT. Dang.

Can't say I whipped it up in ten minutes. Cuz my non-spatial-thinking brain still has to wrestle with the slider card concept each time. But it does get easier with practice. I'm happy with the result, it's a slider, although not 100% magic ;)

Found a sketch and some colors for inspiration and then created, stamping (in my case heat embossing) with white cuz I wanted to join the Take It, Make It December Challenge at Craft Stamper too.
DCWV December
CQC 272
I knew I needed a magic slider. The sketch had me at the star. Which led to the PTI Star Gazer Additions stamp set. Which I decided to stamp in white on black. And although you'd normally go with blues for the firmament on the colored portion of the slider, I'm not normal. That didn't feel right to me for DD's friend. These colors did.


The rest was cosmetic. Some stars sponged through a stencil onto the card front. Some star PP. Some gold stars, including one as the pull mechanism for the slider! See the tiny "pull here" up top? That has been my most used stamp of the PTI Movers and Shakers set!



So I'm curious. What percentage of your Christmas shopping did you do online this year?

There's a good deal at STAMPlorations should you still need a quick present for a crafty friend...








23 comments:

~amy~ said...

WOW!
Love this!

Irish Cherokee said...

You got my attention immediately since I am an amateur astronomer of 60 or so years. Excellent job. Loving the creativity. - Jim

Susanne Vargas said...

All those stars make me so happy! And the slider feature makes it even more magical!
I only ordered one gift online this year, that was back in October. We are always so last minute with deciding what to get that it's too late to order anything because I definitely don't want to pay for overnight shipping! So we supported local stores which is a big theme in our state.

My Paper Epiphany said...

LOVE it! What a good mum you are!

Unknown said...

So pretty! You've got some glorious lighting going on here. I love the soft, dreamy look.

SonjaK said...

Wow, what an amazing card! I'd never have combined those colors but they look awesome together. And this slider concept really faszinates me. As to my Christmas shopping I guess I'm already doing 100% of it online for years. This year was no exception. I'm living in downtown Cologne and even just a glimpse through my kitchen window convinces me that its better to stay home and be safe :)

Shery Russ said...

You never fail to wow me each time I pay your blog a visit, Maria! LOVE this magic slider card! As for Christmas shopping...well, we attempted to shop in town yesterday but came home empty handed and we ended up ordering the rest online -- so I guess 100% of my Christmas shopping I did online this year. Last year, it was probably 90% online

Bibi Lindahl said...

What a fun card! Thank you for entering it to the Craft Stamper's Take It, Make It challenge, which my stamp company is sponsoring this month. Good luck! :-)

Darnell said...

Oh, to be so talented! Your slider card is nothing short of magnificent, Maria. What a lucky daughter!! Well done on all the challenges, too! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

Wida said...

I am mesmerized by this card and photo!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

Renee said...

Wow! I love your card. Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Wowzers this is awesome, love all of the stars and your colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Anita in France said...

So cool, Maria ... lucky DD, lucky friend ... the soft dreamy look is gorgeous ... and so perfect with the slide out stargazer panel! Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fab slider card - you always have the best ideas!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Magic!! Shopping, what shopping?

Nikki K said...

Great card, love the sentiment too. Thank you for joining us at Craft Stamper for the TIMI challenge this month. xx

ElizabethR said...

Great JIT card I love it, thanks for joining in with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

Becca Cruger said...

Thud* <---That was the sound of my jaw dropping to the floor. This card is INCREDIBLE. You're so inventive!

Linda said...

Fabulous slider card ..... thanks for joining in with the Take It Make It Challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

Kelly Griglione said...

I'm doing a little catch-up here ... holy smokes girlfriend, this is SPECTACULAR!!! Love, love your composition, colors, and of course the whole mechanics of the card. That's the best! I'm a little disappointed that I haven't used the movers and shakers set hardly at all ... it seemed so full of possibilities when I got it.

AND, I'm also disappointed that I didn't find a year in review post on your blog! I'm dying to see your favorites for the year. What the heck ?!?

Riikka Kovasin said...

Oh wow! So so stunning! Thank you for joining the Take It Make It challenge!

Tracy said...

Beeeeautiful, thank you for joining the TIMI Challenge xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...