Friday, July 4, 2014

simply create too 65 (christmas in july)

 

It's Challenge #65 over at Simply Create Too and it's "Christmas in July". Actually not a bad time to start on your Christmas cards if you make them yourself!

I've got a non-card project for you. I'm calling it "The family tree garland". It's a pun. It's the family tree. And it's a garland. Here's what I mean...


I used a PP pack, die cut stars, scored them and turned them into "barn stars". Added a B/W photo backed with a circle of burlap and then strung them on some baker's twine through eyelets.

The cool factor here is that this could be the start of a great tradition.  In my garland, the first star is DS at Christmas 1996, then 1997, then DD Christmas 1998, then DS Christmas 1998 and so on. Add a star for each child in the family, each year, and you've got a great way to document the kids' growth and also a great home decor project for yourself or the grandparents.

Check out what the DT created (we're welcoming a few new creative ladies to the DT - yay!) and join us with your Christmas project. Then go have a cocktail by the pool ;)


Supplies for garland:
Paper:  PP me and my big ideas
Stamps: 
Ink : 
Tools: star die Sizzis, circle die MFT
Other: eyelets, baker's twine, photos


4 comments:

aufspapiergebracht said...

Du hängst dir zu Weihnachten also deine Familie in den Baum, äußert kreativ! ;)))
LG Elisabeth

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so lovely!

shirley-bee said...

This is a fabulous idea, Maria! I think this could be the new trend for Christmas 2014. Now if you don't mind, I'll head straight for the cocktail by the pool ;) Just need a pool.

Anita in France said...

Oh, Maria, what a great idea ... and such lovely photo's of DS and DD! Like Shirley, I'm missing a pool ... but I'll make do with the cocktail! Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...