Thursday, January 30, 2014

my moon and stars (Moxie Fab, ATCAS)

Stars are trendy, have you noticed? (Duh. Cristina K. called that one months ago.) Structure paste too, have you tried it yet?  I'm (finally) using some I got at Aldi several years ago when I thought I was going to venture into acrylic painting.  Thought.

Well I'm gleaning inspiration from the cardmakers who are taking the Online Cards Stenciled class and providing tons of great ideas.  Here's my version.


Not seeing the stencil?  Well, I made my own.  Just die cut one larger and two smaller stars from a piece of cereal box and moved the die-cut negative around to add the structure paste to random spots.  TIP:  Be careful where you lay the "stencil" down so that you don't smear wet paste ;)

Also made the moon stencil by die cutting a larger circle and die cutting a portion of a smaller circle from it.  Added that portion back into the larger circle negative to get my stencil for the crescent shape.  Capice?  Hard to tell but those are gold polka dot washi strips peeking out from behind the image.  So hard to get a decent photo when the sun won't come out.  I like this Studio Calico rub-on -  a bit different from the "to the moon and back" that's out there these days.

Playing here:
Moxie Fab World (yay for Teri) - Trendy Star Power
Addicted to CAS - #30 New (I used new gold polka dot washi and rub-ons)

Thanks for looking!


Supplies for you are my moon and stars:
Paper:  lilac CS Bringmann, recycled cereal box
Stamps: none
Ink : blue and lilac Distress inks, Delicata gold (around moon)
Tools: circles MFT, star SSS
Other: pearl and gold structure pastes, washi tape

12 comments:

Deepti said...

Wowzers to ur stencil, I am loving the moon though :) thank you for sharing with us at ATCAS!!

Geri said...

Wow, Maria...this is so beautifully done!!! Every little detail of it makes for perfectly dreamy creation!!! I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous card from you Maria and Kudos to you for making your own stencil just brilliant. Thanks so much for another entry at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous card Maria! You've got me thinking twice about not entering this challenge now!

Susanne Vargas said...

I love moons and stars so it's easy for me to love this card! But I also like that you made your own stencil, especially the moon one is amazing! All in all it has this artsy-Maria feeling that I just love!

shirley-bee said...

The things you can do with cereal boxes! Fab card - it's got a lovely dreamy quality with the pearly glow on the moon and the distress spatters. Nice sentiment too.

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful, it reminds me of the book The Little Prince. :)
Laura

Jaydee said...

It was a great class, wasn't it:-) I love that you created your own stencil. Beautifully composed and I love the little gold stars.
So glad you joined us ATCAS this week
Jaydee

Kelly Griglione said...

Love this! When I read your post I thought "yikes, I would totally smear the paste if I moved it around!" You are just that skilled : )

Kim Heggins said...

this is just stunning! It has such a rich look to it and almost like water colors. Love it.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, my, positively DREAMY, Maria! You do such nice work. :)

Thank you SO much for visiting recently. It's great to see you again!

Anonymous said...

So, so dreamy, like Colleen said.
Such a fun card, Maria! One big high 5 from me to you!
Thanks for linking it up to the Trendy Power Star Challenge!

Teri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...