Thursday, December 5, 2013

twofer ric (RIC)


I've thrown my hat in the ring for the DT call over at Runway Inspired.  There is one amazing mass of cardmaking talent over there, so I'm not sure I stand a chance.  But the worst they can say is "no" and then I'm right back where I am today, right?  You'll never know until you try...

I love creating from photo inspiration and although I am so NOT a fashionista, I really dig the RIC photos. Anyhoo, have you seen this?



Well, at first glance it screamed PTI Watercolor Wonder to me.  Those brush strokes of bold color. And lotsa black and white.  And then I noticed the oh-so-funky plissee (what? you ask. well it's German for "pleated" but sounds much cooler donchathink?)

So.  First up.  Strokes of color.  In the form of Adirondack Stream, Sunshine and Red Pepper. Topped with some black.  In the form of an Impression Obsession Butterflies stamp heat embossed black.  The sentiment is from Impression Obsession Greeting Squares.


And then I decided to give my NBUS Kesi Art Dandelion die a workout.  So.  First up more Watercolor Wonder brush strokes on scrap card


which I then die cut.  And then combined with scraps from my ironing board (yippie!) to bring in elements from the photo: gold (bangle), vellum and scored lines (plissee), black square (sunglasses).  And an understated but ever-so-cool sentiment from Klartext Kartengruß.
 


I may have one more card for this challenge.  If you look closely at the photo maybe you'll know what I mean when I say Hero Arts Envelope Pattern...

Thanks for visiting.


Supplies for smile:
Paper: white CS Bringmann
Stamps:   PTI,  butterfly and sentiment Impression Obsession
Ink : Adirondack, Versamark
Tools: 
Other: black embossing powder

Supplies for alles gute:
Paper: white CS Bringmann, black and gold scrap
Stamps:   sentiment Klartext
Ink : Versafine
Tools: scoreboard, flower die Kesi Art (butterfly die Clearly Besotted, dragonfly punch)
Other: 








19 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wow! Yes, yes, another card, these are so cool!!! Love the brightness you achieved!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love both of these cards. The first one with the black embossed butterfly is awesome.

richardbreaks said...

Wow. Love both of these. HATE that garment, but it sure works for your cards!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Such perfect takes on that pic!!! LOVE them!!!
Have a great week-end, hugs, Karin

Darnell said...

Oh, whee!!! When I first saw this RIC challenge last week, I immediately thought of you, Maria! And just now when I saw your title in my blog roll, I had to come right over. You did NOT disappoint! In fact, I'm pretty sure my head has exploded. If the Design Team at RIC doesn't ask you to join them, they are certifiably nuts. IMHO, of course. Mwah! Darnell

Cris G. said...

Wow, Maria! Two gorgeous! This is going to be tough...

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Whoa! Both of the these projects are awesome!! Those bold brush strokes just kill me - amazeballs!! Best of luck on the DT call - they'd be lucky to have you!

Virginia L. said...

You have come up with TWO awesome projects, Maria! Love the artistic take on your cards! Both are so fabulous in its own way! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, fabulous! I love the way you think outside the box - perfect for RIC! Good luck with the DT call.

Martha said...

OH Maria, what are you talking about!!!??? Of course, you stand a chance!!!
Your creativity is always FABULOUS and NEVER-ENDING!

WOW, your creations are STRIKING! That first card...is simply FABULOUS!
Beautifully done!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

so Picasso/ Miro, looking cards very modern! gell done
bibiana

Susanne Vargas said...

What do you mean, you don't stand a chance? You would be perfect for that Design Team! Both cards are great but I love how on the second one you used scraps that had lying around and made something awesome out of it! That's so Maria!

Anonymous said...

Two sensational cards !!! I especially love the first one but both are amazing pieces of art and deserved to be framed !

Marie

Joni Andaya said...

So Awesome Maria! So love both of your beautiful projects!

Wida said...

really cool!!

Deborah Frings said...

Perfectly CAS - love it. Thanks for playing along with ASM this week!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh, you totally belong on the RIC design team!! I SO HOPE they agree, as I'd love to see your take on all the challenges. You always take things in a unique direction. The dandelion stem with the black rectangle behind it is so delish!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Wow, both of these are awesome! I especially adore the touch of vellum on your second card. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

Karen Davis said...

Maria, both your cards are wonderful, and innovative. I love the punch of colour in the sea of white. I am sure the DT will snap you up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...