Monday, November 25, 2013

shapes and stamps and sequins oh my! (Curtain Call, PC, Stamplorations)

Fat and happy, that's me.  Fat cuz I ate too much of our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday.  And I might have just snitched the last of the chocolate mousse while writing this post... And happy cuz it went well.  And cuz it's over...

Anyhoo, where's the card, you ask?


Started out as an idea to create a blue star card.  Cuz that's what I got from the Curtain Call inspiration photo.  See 'em on the tree?


Well I knew I wanted to play at a new challenge I discovered from my pal Shirley B., Stamplorations.  I'm diggin' those stamps.  So the challenge calls for stamping and sequins.


Only problem was I got sidetracked by this nifty October Afternoon Holiday Style - great retro feel to this line.  Love the blue tone so decided to go with it.  Made a shaker star-shaped card, trapping sequins between the card and the layer of recycled packaging I stitched on.  Stamping was then limited to the embellies - the candy cane and sentiment up top - both embossed to keep up with the shiny-ness of the project ;)

Also placing this into the Paper Crafts November gallery challenge where it's all about sequins!

Happy (real) Thanksgiving week to ya'll.


Supplies for merry and bright:
Paper:  cardbase Bringmann, PP October Afternoon, recycled packaging
Stamps: sentiment WMS
Ink : Versamark
Tools: star die Sizzix, holly die MFT
Other: sequins

14 comments:

zub momi said...

Fabulous card! Love the idea :)

~amy~ said...

LOVE this.

Stacey Schafer said...

how fun is this! so festive and fabulous! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

shirley-bee said...

So retro!! I like how you mixed the sequin shapes and colours to go with the mixed images on the paper.

Nonni said...

What a fun project! I love the colors and all the shine! Thanks for joining our November challenge at STAMPlorations!

Cindy Lovell said...

So awesome!! I love the star shape and the sequins and colors!!!

Taheerah said...

This is amazing!! *Love* the colours, love the sequins, love the retro feel! I would love to have this card to display at home!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this!!!

Martha said...

OH Maria...Maria...Maria! This DARLING star card is most certainly a SHINING STAR!!
I love the retro-feel to it, the pretty color combination, and how you made it a sequin-filled shaker card!
What a FABULOUS idea! Simply amazing!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, I'm glad you commented on my blog today which prompted me to come to yours! I adore your stamping style, especially this cute star! Adding your blog to my reader right away!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous Maria! Love, love the star shape and those sequins are so much fun! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players! (FYI the image didn't load on our site so you may want to re-load it). Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

This is so stinkin' cute, Maria! I love this shaker card -- so far the most unique take on using sequins! Thanks so much for joining us in the November challenge over at STAMPlorations :o)

~Shery

Darnell said...

Congratulations on being showcased on the Curtain Call/CFC combo challenge with this extraordinary creation, Maria!! Hugs, Darnell

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, this is super cute. Love the sequins behind the clear sheet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...