Sunday, July 7, 2013

parade of rejects: hb2u misted

You've seen these rejects a while back.  Now you can meet the cousin.


I like the misting (Dylusions inks BTW) even better on this card than on the other misted one.   And the white embossed letters are easier to decipher on this design.  That "2" on the recycled acetate?  Eh.  And if you look closely you'll see the risk when embossing large areas.  Difficult to get perfect coverage, which leads to some spray ink finding its way into the nooks and crannies.  Now, does that make for a reject?  My theory is that if you have a knock-their-socks-off card, then no it doesn't.  But it sure doesn't help a mediocre specimen.  Just sayin'.

Have a good one.


Supplies hb2u misted:
Paper: cardbase Craft UK
Stamps: Technique Tuesday, "2" We R Memory
Ink : Versamark, Dylusions, Stazon
Tools: 
Other: clear embossing powder, recycled packaging

2 comments:

shirley-bee said...

I love how you take a theme and run with it, and anyway, what's a little splodge here and there - adds interest. I like the overlapping, oversized letters.
I've got one of these stamps for such situations ;)
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/the-36062/Judikins-WORK-OF-ART/Detail

Happy Dance said...

Hey Maria. At least you're braver than I am...I won't even try misting! In my world, your card looks cool; I know several teenagers who would love this. If I even attempt this technique, it would look like doo-doo. Yours is definitely not a reject! : ) Bev

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...