Friday, November 2, 2012

piglet or pooh - which are you? (Retro, SCS)


Another post with a very literal interpretation of the for-a-couple-more-hours current Retro Sketch for Challenge #35.  Literal,  because I also made the card for the HYCCT#1231 "A Walk in the Woods".



Granted, no woods around here look like this cute and fun card.  Actually, we hardly have woods around here - just the lone walnut trees in the midst of the vineyards...  But I wasn't in the mood for an artsy fartsy card at the moment.


When I found this quote from A.A. Milne's "Winnie the Pooh", I knew I had to use it - for the HYCCT campaign.  Cuz it is basically about how you see the world.  Dealing with cancer is definitely not a fun thing.  But I can only imagine it may be easier to do if you are capable of seeing the glass half-full instead of half-empty.  Although in my heart I think I am an optimist, I do tend to be like Piglet in my daily life, always seeing the negative.  I need to take some lessons from  gentle Pooh Bear.

Definitely hard to get this sentiment onto a card like this.  This one won't win any prizes, but I felt compelled to make it.  Found this digi freebie stamp from Dawn and printed it on four pieces of CS.  Added a die cut wonky border, some clouds faintly in the BG and the eyelet/floss like the sketch.

Thanks for visiting - possibly for the second time today!


Supplies Pooh:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS Coredinations, PP Basic Grey and Penny Black
Stamps: digi Dawn Moore, clouds Sassafras
Ink : Distress Ink
Tools:die Memory Box, decorative edge scissors, eyelet setter
Other: eyelets, PC, embroidery floss 













Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...