Wednesday, October 3, 2012

toot my washi horn (Three Cool Chicks, I am Doe, CFC)

Consider this a triple crown challenge.

Take this inspiration photo from I am Doe.


Add the challenge #72 at CASual Fridays to toot your own horn by being inspired by your own blog header.  See above.

And I've had washi on the brain since Day 1 of the Three Cool Chicks Trendy week.


This is what I've come up with:


Some heat embossed leaves turned trees.  And one colorful tree made from washi (store bought and homemade) which I trimmed into teensy strips, adhered to a stamped image as a guide and then fussy cut.  Gave it a washi trunk too.

The photo inspiration is pretty obvious but I really like the simplicity of this card just like the simplicity of my blog header.  And gray.  I love gray as a design element.  And the trees in rows.  Reminds me of the rows and rows of grapevines that surround me.

Thanks for looking.



Supplies thanks:
Paper: card base Buttinette, CS papermania
Stamps: leaves Basic Grey,  sentiment Jane's Doodles
Ink: Versamark, Memento
Tools: 
Other: embossing powder, washi Bella Blvd & Rayher (also homemade from tissue paper)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantastic! Such a clever design!

Michele Gross said...

This is a very clever design! I love your take on the challenges. Very cool card :) Glad you tooted your horn with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

I love gray, too . . . it's so yummy and graphic! Perfect take on the challenges! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!

~amy~ said...

wonderful! Way to rock the challenges!!!

Lisa A. said...

The gray IS beautiful...as are your trees!! LOVELY card!! Thanks for sharing your creativity this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Maria said...

Lovely card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHHH! I absolutely love love love this card--I love those leaves! I love the papers! I LOOOOOOOOOVE it all! Great job! You rock:)

THANKS for stopping by my blog the other day:) <3

Kelly Griglione said...

Ok, just catching up on blog viewing, and this card is FANTASTIC! Love your collection of leaves, and can't imagine how long it took you to make the washi leaf. That's the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...