Monday, October 1, 2012

soup and nuts and stencils and die cuts (Three Cool Chicks, Moxie Fab, SSS)

Are we having FUN yet?

My latest fun... I'm playing with Three Cool Chicks and their trendy ideas.  Days 3 and 4 were about stencils and die cuts.  Ta da.  I am (since summer) the proud owner of an alphabet die.  And before I busted a couple individual letters out of the pack, I die cut the whole caboodle a couple times from chipboard.  Cuz ya never know, right?

Enter my luscious Dylusions ink sprays.  I sprayed over the negative and onto white CS.  Ta da.



My plan had been to use the white CS to make a card.  But my wannabe-artist-heart beat faster when I saw this abundance of gorgeous color plus typography.  I was almost more enthralled with the color-intense negative than the positive. What to do?  Then after taking these photos, as I laid the negative on the positive on my way back to my ironing board (read: crafting space), I had a lightbulb moment.  Intrigued?  Stay tuned for more - I got three cards outta these bad boys.

Here is #3, which was actually the third one I made but you get to meet him first ;)


Let me just say this was what I had leftover after #1 and #2.  Now the "hi" in the midst of other letters is no new thing.   Just new for me.  Thought about die cutting some shape out of this piece but I couldn't bring myself to cut off any of that scrumptious color except for a teensy bit around the edges.  So I cut my card base down to be a bit more square and attached.

I had cut the "h" and "i" out of some gold CS (like I said, stay tuned!) and decided I liked the shape of the negative.  Looks kinda like a house, doesn't it?  Stuck it on and stitched for some interest.  The bottom edge needed something.  Not sure I like my solution, but oh well, now it has "something"!  Popped a little scrap of gold behind a few of the holes too.  See?


So, once again thanks to Yvonne, Amy and Julie for all the fun I'M having ;) Check them out if you haven't yet.


So that's my Soup and Nuts for the Tuesday Trigger photo over at Moxie Fab.


And how about one more shot at Simon Says Stamp's Anything Goes challenge?


Supplies hi:
Paper: card base Buttinette, recycled chipboard, gold CS Ursus
Stamps: none - wow!
Ink:Dylusions ink spray
Tools: die PTI, border punch Fiskars
Other: sewing machine


7 comments:

~amy~ said...

WOW...this is really FABulous!!!

Linda Beeson said...

Super cute! My favorite part is that stencil with all of the neat colors on it.

Heather said...

Very creative - I love the myriad of colours and the details are fantastic.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Fabulous! LOVE how vibrant the colors are! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Linda Kunsman said...

great artsy take on the Tues. trigger challenge! gotta love those Dylusion sprays!

Chris Dring said...

Awesome card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...