Tuesday, October 30, 2012

shine on (PDC, Retro, SCS)

Just under the wire.  Again.  But I made it so enough said.  Saw this inspiration board last week over at The Play Date Cafe.


Thought, "mint - ugh".  But I love how it's combined with leather and gold. Hmmm.  Then I get this catalog in the mail with some little gold scrolls - "open all to see which prize you have won" blah, blah, blah .  Then I see the sketch over at Retro Sketches

and also know that I have a "shiny" card still to make for HYCCT #1215B.  Ta da.


So, except for the fact that I nearly missed the cutoff, and that my photo had to be taken in my basement, I'm happy.  Love the touch of glamour the gold candles and bling (like the doorknob) add.  And that brown/beige PP is actually flocked and damask.  It's a stretch to Retro, but I did get the idea there.  Don't know whether this should be a congrats or bday card so no sentiment yet.  What do you think?

Thanks for visiting.



Supplies :
Paper: cardbase Papermania, PP Basic Grey and Laura Ashley
Stamps: 
Ink :
Tools: die Sizzix
Other: bling, ribbon


6 comments:

~amy~ said...

oooh...glitz, glam and flocked paper?! Excellent work! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe:)

anya said...

Ooh! Look at that DP! So fun and fuzzy! Love your glitzy candles, too. Great job! Glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

Virginia L. said...

How FUN and shiny are your "candles", Maria! So clever!!! Awesome job you did!

Lynn said...

Super cute! I love how it is so sweet and simple :) Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Laurie said...

What a fun card! I love the candles! Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Beautiful card! Great take on the RetroSketch - Thanks so much for playing with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...