Thursday, October 11, 2012

oh so girly sketch challenge (Ellen Hutson, CPT, SSS)

Challenged myself to combine two non-related challenges and this was tough.  Main reason?  Not that I don't have a HUGE stash of paper, but in the lavender category it's pretty much nil.   Took me forever to come up with the colors.  Anyhoo, this was the inspiration piece from The Creative Paper Trade.


Although I love the photo  for Color Week (left), I first had to decide which elements spoke to me cuz I am oh-so NOT oh-so-girly!  I picked the colors (lavenders and pink) and the texture (the white blanket and vase).  And because I wanted to incorporate triangles for Shape Week (right) and also follow this Sketch Challenge over at the Classroom at Ellen Hutson:

this is what I came up with.


The process... hmmm.  Turned the sketch on its side first off.  Printed out some digital papers and the notecard from CPT for my main image.  Stamped sentiment in gray.  Chose white card base.  Dry embossed half of it and stamped some doilies on the other half.  Texture, ya know?  Rounded top corner to balance extra white space on bottom left (embossing folder size problem, ya know?)  Found or made the PPs for my triangles then TIP! punched squares from the PPs, marked the middle point on one edge and using scissors just cut from each outer corner to the marked point.  Since it appears triangles are trending, you might want to learn this trick. Inked edges of triangles and adhered.  Stitched some lace trim over the triangle tops and adhered my focal image with foam dots.  There she is.  Whew!

Thanks for looking.


Supplies It's Your Day:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, PP Basic Gray and K & Co, scrap, digi papers Creative Paper Trade
Stamps: Viva, sentiment  PTI
Ink: ?, Versafine
Tools: square and corner punches EKS, decorative edge scissors, embossing folder Craft Concepts
Other: lace Buttinette

5 comments:

Geri said...

Oh my goodness...this is SOOOOO pretty! I'm lovin' all the white with these gorgeous colors and subtle layers! And I can't believe how nicely you've incorporated all the inspiration in one gorgeous project! Beautiful work! So glad you joined in again, Maria!!

Lisa Elton said...

Maria this is soft, girly and oh so pretty! Your lavender stamped doilies are so pretty tucked under your sweet banner. Thanks again for joining us at The Creative Paper Trade!

Anonymous said...

I love how you incorporated all three inspirational photos into one beautiful card! Thank you for joining the CPT challenge this week! This is amazing.

Jo Nevill said...

A really beautiful card. I love your embossing and the pennant flags, very pretty.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs

Jo x

cheiron said...

So soft and pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Dies and/or Punches challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...