Tuesday, October 2, 2012

more soup and nuts and stencils and die cuts (Moxie Fab, Three Cool Chicks, SSS)

You stayed tuned - good for you.  Here are cards #1 and #2 from my fun session with alpha dies and Dylusions spray inks.  Got your sunglasses on?  Here they come.


This was my first idea.  I told you I loved the color saturation on the negative so that' what I went with first.  Thought it worked best with black.  But then I punched some holes in the black to let the white card base peek through.  Love that effect.  And, a la JJ the die cutting queen, I popped some gold CS letters into the negative to emphasize the "hi".  Here's a shot of the gold for ya.


Also told you that I had a "wow" moment when I was holding both the white CS and the negative that I had used as a mask in my hand.  This is what I saw.  That cool shadow effect.


So I die cut the wonky rectangle, emphasized the "hi" by drawing white stitches around it to match the chipboard "U" I had picked out to go with the message.  Then after DD said "what's this "U" card for?" we decided I needed to make those stitches black.  Still see a bit of the white peeking out from under the black, eh?  I ran my little Cutter Bee thingy around the edges for a bit interest.  Have to look closely to see it.

And again, I'm playing with these fun groups - Three Cool Chicks, Moxie Fab World and Simon Says Stamp.   Check out my last post if you want to see more about what I did to make these.


Go get inky.



Supplies #1:
Paper: card base Buttinette, recycled chipboard, recycled gold CS 
Stamps: 
Ink: Dylusions ink spray
Tools: die, PTI, hole punch
Other: 

Supplies #2:
Paper: card base Buttinette,CS Neenah, recycled chipboard, recycled gold CS 
Stamps: 
Ink: Dylusions ink spray
Tools: die, PTI, Spellbinders
Other: chipboard stash

7 comments:

Nina Yang said...

Love, love the colors! So gorgeous, Maria!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Maria, I love the colours, it's so funky and sparkly :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Chris Dring said...

These cards are fantastic! Awesome effects!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely take on the trigger.

~amy~ said...

I super love your bold and fun designs!!!!! Thanks for playing along with us!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Unknown said...

You do know that you're a genius right? These are awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...