Wednesday, October 10, 2012

inspired by soulac and kittie c. (Ellen Hutson, 52, MIM, Ranger)


OK, so there is a bit more grass to my card than there was on the dunes in Soulac, but you get my inspiration...  If you're interested in more, I posted about Soulac before.


Used this amazing Memory Box die for the first time.  Finally.  Bought it cuz it actually reminds me of what I see when I look out my front window - a few trees spotting the ridge of the vineyards.  But I used it to create a "love" card which uses die cuts to create a scene.  For the "Scene It" challenge over at the Classroom at Ellen Hutson.  The one and only Kittie C. hosts this one.  If you love inky fingers and you don't yet know Kittie, check out this card.  Here is my take on the challenge.


Marked roughly where my hills were going to be.  Used non-permanent adhesive to attach five hearts punched from scrap paper to the sky area and inked the "cloudy sky" with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on a makeup sponge.  Die cut two hills.  Die cut the "sun" and a heart for the house.  On a couple trees which I trimmed off the excess length of the die cut I stamped an envelope pattern, then attached them on top of the die cup for a little depth.  (Check the detail pic above.)  Swiped some Peeled Paint Distress Ink onto the grass to add interest and depth.  Heat embossed the sentiment and finished off the inside.  Doesn't it look inviting?

I'm hooking up to Patrice's 52 Card Pickup challenge with this one.  She's broken her own record for number of entries.  Might just be that Freckled Fawn gift certificate up for grabs!  And to Ranger's Distress Ink celebration.  And to PTI's Make it Monday challenge #86 to give the inside of the card some TLC.


Thanks for looking.  Have a great day.



Supplies love:
Paper: CS Neenah, scrap
Stamps: sentiment Hero Arts, sentiment inside PTI
Ink: Distress Ink, Versamark
Tools: die Memory Box (hills) PTI (heart), Spellbinders (sun),  heart punch The Paper Studio
Other: embossing powder

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome use of that die!

Jacquie Southas said...

I really need this die LOL - LOVE the hearts in the sky!

yyam said...

Ooooh...how adorable is this! I love those masked hearts in the sky. Such a whimsical touch Maria! :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Just saw this card, isn't this MB die the best?! you can do so many things with it. Absolutely LOVE, love your yellow gingham sun!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful scene! It's clever how you got your inspiration from a picture and I adore
the inside of your card!

My Paper Epiphany said...

ps;_ just looked more closely - I love that sky!

Kittie said...

Maria, this is so precious. I love it. I have the MB Country Landscape but not th

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...