Sunday, October 28, 2012

hello MIM and farewell CPS (PTI, CPS, SCS)


Another twofer.  For my first card I used the technique from PTI's Make it Monday - using positive and negative die cuts.  As amazed as I always am by die cuts themselves, it seems to be the cards made with  negatives that really catch my attention.  Hmmm.
Anyway.  Where did I get my color combo?  No idea.  Just felt right.  Let's just call it vivid violet meets lethal lime green ;)


Made a rough layout first -very helpful.  I started by picking the PP (this is also going to the HYCCT #1214 which calls for "text".  There's text on this PP).  Picked colors for CS.  Die cut roses and leaves.  Die cut tags.  Die cut leaves extending over the tag from the tag.  Since I don't have a stamp for the leaf die, I inlaid the leaf  (embossed with numbers - is that text too?) into the negative area.  Attached the other leaves onto the tag, then popped up the roses.  Stamped sentiment on smaller tag and adhered along with seam binding bow.  Stamped cardbase with text stamp.  Attached tag.  Added some bling for balance.

Second card kind of evolved from the first.  Had an interesting creative process with this.  HYCCT #1224 calls for the "kissing technique."  Happen to have a still-unused Hero Arts cling stamp which I figured would work well for this technique.  Used a still-unused BG clear stamp to kiss with.  Whether it was the combo of the two materials or because I used dye ink... the result was kinda crazy.  So I decided to use just a strip of the purple madness.  But how?  Went to the PC with my purple strip and looked at old CPS sketches.  Ta da.  Hello #111.  TIP:  Even though Tami M. is stopping CPS, there is an archive of all the old sketches!


Now, you might know that I rarely follow a sketch 100%.  So this is what happened.


Creative process you ask?  More like "a series of fortunate? unfortunate? events."  Yellow?  It's across from purple on the color wheel.  Polka dot stamp?  It was already out.  I actually kissed it with the text stamp (from my first card since it was still laying around) once it was inked up but you really can't tell.  Washi?  Happened to be laying on my ironing board.  Sentiment on a "tab" of crazy PP?  Was the first 6x6 pad I grabbed with colors that I thought could work with this - was thinking light turquoise.  Picked this.  Result?  It's either funky or ugly.  Haven't decided.

Happy day, friends.


Supplies card #1:
Paper: cardbase Papermania, CS DCWV, PP K&Co.
Stamps:  Papertrey, BG CHF
Ink: Adirondack, Versafine
Tools: tag die MFT, leaves die Spellbinders, rose die PTI, embossing folder Sizzix
Other: seam binding, bling

Supplies card #2:
Paper: cardbase Papermania, CS Neenah, PP American Crafts
Stamps:  flowers BG and sentiment Hero Arts, dots Kars
Ink: Adirondack, Versafine
Tools: die Spellbinders
Other: washi tape



3 comments:

  1. Great to see (read) your creative process and look at the results. It's all in the details, and it worked! Such rich colors. Such fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria!
    Love your cards!
    Thank You so much for stopping by my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead... make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...