Tuesday, October 9, 2012

happiness is... distress ink (Ranger, JayGee, Ellen Hutson)



Remember the "love is..." comic? Well for me I get that hearts-fluttering-around-over-my-head feeling when I play with my distress inks.  Didn't really have a plan for this card.  Wanted to be trendy, thus the chevron strips.  Wanted to be ombre, thus the distress inks.

Inked up a length of Neenah CS with the various colors, then die cut chevrons.  Finally selected the ones I wanted to use together.  Went from landscape to portrait.  Got frustrated at how the chevrons had lives of their own as I was trying different layouts (afterthought - could have used some non-permanent adhesive...), thus the "offset" and "raised" discovery.  Chevrons with a twist.


Just love this PTI sentiment.  Another bday card for my stash.

I'm playing with Ranger's Distress Ink Celebration - used Squeezed Lemonade among others.

And with JayGee's Nook Challenge #24 and this fabby inspiration photo:


Notice the texture on that shower curtain?  Thus my lightbulb moment to raise some of the chevrons for more texture/depth.

And over at the Classroom at Ellen Hutson there are 5 great challenges from 5 big names in cardmaking in honor of WCMD.  Check them out if you haven't.  This is for the the Trend Watch Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.



Supplies happy happy:
Paper: CS Neenah 
Stamps: PTI
Ink: Distress Ink, Versafine
Tools: die MFT
Other: 




7 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful! you are a cardmaking genius...awesome!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous...awesome take on the inspiration picture!

Jay Gee said...

The raised chervons really look cool Maria, great card. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Karen B. said...

Now this is a really cool design. I love how you were inspired and hearing about your process, happy accidents are a good thing!

Unknown said...

Totally cool card design!

Kelly Griglione said...

Such a cool effect! I have this die and would not have thought to do this.

Wendy said...

What a cool effect...love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...