Friday, October 19, 2012

creative liberty (CFC, CAS(E), SSSS)

Man oh man oh man.  When will I get the different challenge deadlines into my head?  Let me say right now that I am not a big fan of weekly challenges.  My brain doesn't work that fast!

May I take you on a recap of my creative process?   Major pressure with the heart challenge idea over at CASual Fridays.  Something so easy and near to my heart (ha ha ha) but how to make it new and different?   Along comes the second sketch challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.  And much to my amazement, I was a FAVE in their first challenge, so THE PRESSURE IS ON TO PERFORM.  Know what I mean?!?

Add a rough night's sleep to the matter and I wake up with, IMHO, a great idea this morning.  Actually pulled this one off is less than 10 minutes.  (Maybe I will try the 10-Minute-Dash challenge one of these days...) A heart stamp and some fave Distress Inks.  Easy, once you have a plan.

But alas, the CASual Fridays heart challenge has ended.

Then to my amazement I see that the new CASual Fridays (who, by the way are now making stamps!!!) challenge is titled "Over the Edge".  Which is basically what the CAS(E) Sketch #2 is too.  How lucky am I?

Not.  Enter the "creative liberty" part.  Cuz, you see,  my artistic soul would not allow me to "chop off" part of my gorgeous (IMHO) stamped creation once I had stamped it.  Tried both variations (mentally) but just couldn't do it.  What do you think?  Is the goal to follow the challenge 100% or to make a card which makes your heart smile?


I'm smiling.  Hope you are too.


CASual Fridays CFC75 - Over the Edge

CAS(E) This Sketch #2

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Your Favorite cuz Distress Inks are one of my alltime favorite products.





Supplies celebrate:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS Neenah
Stamps: heart Fancy Pants, sentiment PTI
Ink: Distress Ink
Tools:
Other: 

26 comments:

~amy~ said...

It's perfect:)

Sarah said...

I love CAS and this is beautiful. A great design and fab colours!!! Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Sarah.

Wendy said...

This is lovely, perfectly executed. I love it!

Jackie Rockwell said...

The color is AMAZING!!! Simply and perfectly CAS! So glad you played in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love the layering of the hearts to make the design! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Wida said...

OMG. I love this card!!!! the color. the sentiment (love that set). wow! it doesn't have to follow perfectly to the sketch, but what do I know???

Loly Borda said...

Love your card! Simply perfect, the colors and the sentiment are fabulous. Congrats. As regards your question, I think you should make something that makes you proud and your heart happy... but that's just my humble opinion.
Hugs

Michele Gross said...

Wowzers this is a stunning card! I love your story behind it too :) So glad you shared with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! Hugs :)

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous - love the colors & balance!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, really like the way you have used the hearts and your wonderful vibrant colour palette. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Diane said...

This turned out beautiful...I have made cards for challenges, only to find out they had already ended...haha...it seems like the weekly challenges fly by...so many challenges,so little time...sigh!!

Kim S said...

That's definitely too fun to cut!! Amazing colors! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Unknown said...

LOVE the layered colors and the overlapped sentiment. I wouldn't have been able to cut it either ;) Great design!

Karen B. said...

Creative liberty is what makes this hobby so fantastic. What a glorious design, bright, happy and everything good!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Thoroughly enjoy your posts, Maria. :) I like this card, too, even if it missed the heart challenge deadline.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, and congrats on being a Fave!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really pretty maria.

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, your colorful heart is so pretty and clever! You're right, it would have been so perfect for the heart challenge! Glad you linked it up anyway!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

JJ Bolton said...

Love it just the way it is! Stunning!

Candice said...

Love this card AWESOME :-)

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is gorgeous! I immediately caught my eye!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this idea, those hearts look amazing on the white card base :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a happy card....

Dana said...

I'm all for making something that makes YOU happy, not some random challenge, and I sure wish this card had been in the Heart challenge becasue it's TOP NOTCH. WOzers. So clever.
I love that you played along with CAS-ual Fridays this week even if you didn't go "over the edge" *smile*.

Gina said...

Saw this card on MoxieFab (congrats on being a Moxie Fabber) and had to come to your blog so I could pin the original source. This is such a *sweet* card! I love it!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your Moxie Fab profile!! (SO not surprised to see you there!)
I love this card just as it is and agree 100% with the call you made. Perfect!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...