Friday, October 26, 2012

chicken soup for the soul (SCS, CPT, WMS, Retro)

Two cards comin' at ya.  First one was fun. And oh so difficult.

Listen to this chicken soup challenge (HYCCT1223): "use a chicken (hens and roosters are acceptable too ) on your card, and elements that spell the word S-O-U-P."   BTW, Sabrina, the hostess chose this because she remembers cooking up chicken soup for a friend every time she had chemo.  What, pray tell, starts with a "U"?  Think about it!

Here's my card.  Can you find my S, O, U and P elements?  Bet not.


Methinks this will work:
S:  Stickles, scallops
O:  oval, orange
U:  UNEVEN STITCHING
P:  pink, plaid

I was inspired by the colors and crepe paper treats from The Creative Paper Trade's third challenge too.


Followed the sketch from Waltzingmouse Challenge #120 and used Waltzingmouse stamps.  I'm so glad I treated myself to  that Frenchy set with Mr. Rooster.


Second card is for HYCCT1217 to decorate the edge of your card.  I also used the Retro Sketches #34.



I love original card from Laurie W.  I actually have that PTI stamp (it's not seen ink yet). May have to give it a whirl.  Used some Tim Holtz stamps on K&C PP for this notecard.

Whew!  Thanks for coming by.  Happy Weekend ya'll.



Supplies card #1:
Paper: cardbase Papermania, CS Neenah, digi paper The Creative Paper Trade
Stamps:  WMS
Ink: Adirondack
Tools: die Spellbinders, sewing machine
Other: crepe paper, Stickles, buttons Sew Sweet

Supplies card #2:
Paper: PP K&Co
Stamps:  Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous
Ink: Distress Inks
Tools: punch EKS
Other: button Sew Sweet, embroidery floss

10 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful cards, Maria! Love both of them! Love the colors, the papers and the cute buttons! Fab work!

~amy~ said...

haha...I love your post...Uneven stitching...I always call it "whimsical stitching"....loving both of your cards!

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Very Unique!!Love the cards!!

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely creations! your WMS sketch card is so bright and French Country!

Virginia L. said...

Both cards are just delightful! I love the country and homespun feel of the first one and the decorated edges are darling on the 2nd card!! Also to let you know that I used Bazzill card stock for my RIC challenge card. (Can't go wrong with Bazill card stock!!). And thanks so much for all your wonderful comments in my blog!

Deborah Frings said...

I think both your cards are super. Love the rooster on your WM card!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Your cards are great and I just love your rooster!! Fun way to use those letters!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both of your cards are so pretty.

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous cards, luv the ruffle trim!

Geri said...

Love both of these, Maria! Love your crepe paper trim and your UNEVEN stitching (good thinking!;) on the first...thanks for sharing it in our (CPT) challenge!...and the second is SO soft and pretty!!! So wish I had time to play that one...never have, and LOVE that sketch! (Up to my eyeballs in costume making!) Good to see you again, and thanks so much for jumping in our challenges and helping to spread the CPT word!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...