Sunday, October 21, 2012

casadia anyone? (CAS(E))

Friday was a good card karma day for me.  You too?

Having already created one card in the morning, I found Wida's email .  Do you know Wida from Beachorado?  Of course you do.  Do you know the CASADIA challenge she started?  CASADIA was started with one card  from Laura B. which was CASED.  Then that card was CASED.  And then that card was CASED.  And so on, and so on.  Cool idea, eh?

This is the card that got the ball rolling.  From Laura B.




Fast forward...this is Rose M.'s card which I got to CASE.



Now for my card.  My CASE?  Let me warn you it's CASE a la Aimes of Crafting Confessions, which basically means pick the elements that jump out and hit ya and make a CAS card with 'em.



Well, the huge "dearly" immediately morphed into "deer".  And that led to the rest of the card.  Polka dots -  - couldn't resist kissing those onto Bambi.  I broke the red/white trend but still went with a dramatic color combo of dark gray and gold, adding a touch of red with my sentiment.  And heart - I chose this sentiment because it contained the word "heart" - the focal point of Rose's card.

As for the design, I still had CASE This Sketch #2 on the brain after this card so I'm hooking up there again.

You should check out the entire chain of CASADIA cards here.  Better yet, play along.  I would love to see a few of my followers join the fun... Thanks Rose, for a great card to CASE and Wida for a great idea!  Meredith M. is up next.

p.s.  Apologies for my windy day photo including fingers.  But I couldn't resist using this one.  Did you see how the sun caught the bling on Bambi's bum?  Couldn't do that again if I tried :)



Supplies Grateful Heart:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS Neenah
Stamps: Sassafras, CHF, sentiment PTI
Ink: Versafine, Versamark, Jenny Bowlin
Tools:
Other: embossing powder, bling



11 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

The gold embossing is so pretty, cute card! So glad you played along in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Ribbon Girl said...

Great cards and the bling on Bambi is superb! Mary G x

Wida said...

You were inspired by the word dear? Well that is inspiration for sure and a first for CASADIA! I like the beaming butt, that's a first too (LOL). cool card Maria, very cool

~amy~ said...

EXcellent...such a fun card!!!!!!

Carole said...

Oh so pretty, what an adorable little dear, Is that stamp Sassafras?

Jay Gee said...

Love the way you were inspired to make this card - fantastic job!

Rose said...

love where you took the challenge :)
your shining bling on bambi's rear is adorable and i love the sentiment :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow it is good to here the challenge is still rolling. Love your card.

maria f. said...

Sure is. "Oh My Dear". It's really a great little set.

Chrissy Larson said...

What a fun card. I love how the photo captures that bling! So cool! Thanks for creating with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Gayatri said...

Love the golden rose. and cute deer. Fab card, Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...