Wednesday, October 17, 2012

bat on a wire (WMS)

Oh my!  It's getting closer.  Halloween.  And the Waltzingmouse October blog hop.  Here is my contribution:


Just got (finally) some square dies and couldn't resist creating a Polaroid feel for this scene.  Stamped the BG design.  Cut the frame and dry embossed it.  Stamped the stars with dye and pigment inks.  Stamped Miss Witch with Versamark and heat embossed.  Pigment ink dries slower than dye ink.  How do I know?  See those partially embossed stars...  But I decided I kinda liked 'em.

Here's another tip.  Don't punch the circle for your moon before you heat emboss.  Why not, you ask?  Cuz your paper may shrink and your moon won't fit into the negative space anymore.  Yeah, ask how I know.

Then I stamped the little bats and sentiment, tied on some baker's twine and adhered the frame.  Last touch was the "bat on a wire".  Stamped, applied glitter glue and fussy cut him.  Wound some wire around my paper piercer to curl it and attached the bat.  I love how he kinda flutters around!


Such a fun  Halloween set - so many cool images.  Thanks for coming by.

I'm also playing in the following challenges:
My Craft Spot #73 - Emboss it!
Ribbon Carousel #73 - Halloween Spirit
Polka Doodles Week 41 - Halloween



Supplies Happy Halloween:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS American Crafts and Ursus
Stamps: Waltzingmouse
Ink:Adirondack, Versamark, Versafine, Versacolor
Tools: impression plate Sizzix, die Sizzix,  punch EKS, paper piercer
Other: baker's twine, wire



29 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love the angled panel! And purple bats!! Way fun!! Lovin' the textured and stamped harlequins too!! Awesome!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a great way to frame an image. I love the polaroid frame and how you achieve the diamond design.

Your bat looks wonderful on that wire and how it all works together. Well done!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so fantastic, thanks for the embossing tip. Your frame is awesome dry embossed.

Julia Aston said...

Love the photo square and harlequin embossing/stamping Maria - great design on this and super fun bat on the wire!

Lee said...

Such a lovely card. You did a great job with your frame.

Marlena M. said...

Oh I love the pop of life here~awesome bouncy bat!

Joyce said...

Wonderful scene. And, that is such a clever way to make the Polaroid type of frame. I think that the partially embossed stars are very cool.

Cathy Weber said...

This is such a cheery card...love the embossing giving it such shine. I love that you made a Polaroid type frame for your cute witch.

Jeanne J. said...

I love all the little extras - can't take my eyes of that bat on the bow and that sentiment in the purple ink is so pretty!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful , and thanks for the cutting tip. Love the fresh crisp look of your adorable card, Maria Beautiful embossing.

Deborah Frings said...

Super idea! I think the Polaroid style frame you've made is fab,love the texture too. The bat on a wire is just fab!

Sharron said...

Fabulous, Maria--I love the look you got using all the white--very striking! There are so many awesome details--the polaroid frame, the embossing and purple bats. I just adore the one on the wire!

Kara said...

Very cool. Love the heat embossing and the texture!!

Kim Heggins said...

So spooky and that witch, I have to have her!!! Your heat embossing is so amazing and your card so perfect, a winner for sure.

Gwen said...

This is awesome! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

This is SO great! I love the layout, I love the polaroid frame, and the little bat on a wire is the best part! Beautiful!!

Charmaine Stack said...

What a great fresh look. I like how the harlequin theme is echoed in the ink and embossed bits. Lots of lessons learned, eh?

nancy said...

This card is fabulous. It combines so many different types of texture, which the light bounces off of in a variety of interesting ways. Great use of repetition, too.

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Wow this is stunning!!!


Ali x

Unknown said...

Love the pops of color on the crisp white paper. That springy bat is adorable. Great design...love the chevron!

Unknown said...

Ugh...Diamonds! I love the diamonds..embossed and stamped. :)

Renee said...

What a fabulously fun card!
Love the polaroid effect...
and the harlequin stamped background...
I have a thing for that harlequin myself so it's perfect! :)

Sarah said...

Love the polaroid frame and that springy little bat on a wire...so cute!!

Unknown said...

So many things I loved about this card Maria, but that bat on the wire just tickles!!! Loved the polaroid take on it and the stars, I think they look cool half embossed, i thought you intended it that way! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

Peanut said...

Utterly fab. That springy bat against the clean crisp background - superb!

Kelly S. said...

Ooo that is a spooky sky for the witch to fly in! Awesome embossing techniques on this and love how the moon shimmers! Everything just POPS against the crispy white background. Fab fresh Halloweeny card :)!

Kelly S. said...

Ugh, CRISP white background...giggle!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is adorable, Maria! I love everything about this and your "bat on a wire" is a super finishing touch! Great job!!

Melissa said...

Love this clean take on the color challenge! Such a great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...