Tuesday, September 25, 2012

what's the opposite of hoarding? (Three Cool Chicks, PTI)



So is it dehoarding?  Or unhoarding?  Using up my hoard.  Whatever.

What a cool theme for a blog hop over at PTI.  "Felt and Fabric Wrap."  How cozy does that sound?  And do you know the Three Cool Chicks who are getting trendy this week?  These ladies rock.  And they are brave souls who admitted that they're hoarders.  (I usually wimp out and say I "recycle...")



Anyhoo, friend's birthday is coming up Friday.  Got her a Brothers Grimm book (whole nother story) - so figured it was time to give it a wrap.

I am thrilled to present:


Cuz I love me some polka dots.  And lots of "recycling".  Where, you ask?  Packing paper, lace curtain flower layer, wall tatoo flower stems, cookie packaging corrugated white cardboard die cuts.   And for me nothing is more signature PTI than those little die cuts...  They were part of my first PTI order this summer.

New items include the fabric (which my friend will certainly use again cuz she's good like that ;), felt and buttons.  And technically the red yarn, although I've had that for a bazillion years.

Thanks for hopping by.  Looking forward to seeing what you wrapped up.



Supplies gift wrap:
Paper: recycled packing paper, cardboard, wall tatoo
Stamps: 
Ink:
Tools:dies PTI
Other: fabric,  yarn, felt & buttons Sew Sweet




20 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is lovely! What a perfect way to wrap up a book!

Marybeth said...

This is beautiful Maria. Love the way you added the tags to the twine , like they are floating.

craftmates said...

Beautiful! Love all the patterns and texture. - Irma

BethieJ said...

This is so PRETTY! Your friend is gonna LOVE it!! I wouldnt want to open it up!! HA! LOVE all the recycling you used too! Hmmm I need to UNHOARD some around here! HA HA! (that was funny I like that term! ;) )
Have a GREAT day!

Suzanne Russell said...

Very clever idea! I love the way you used this package as a whole layout! Someone is going to be VERY delighted to receive this one. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Very fun idea, your friend will love it!

Wendy said...

This is so fun and happy. Love how you incorporated those dies in your packaging.

Karen C. said...

Great 'recycling' project!! The wrapping looks so fun, who'd want to open it!! I really like the way you used the red yarn and wrapped it around the package several times. Very cool look!

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Quite impressed! I love what you used! Especially the cookie packaging. Give me a reason to eat some cookies!!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is fantastic, Maria! I love the beautiful colours and the way you strung those die cuts. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Lil' Inker Designs September Release Hop!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful presentation. Love the stringing of the tiny tags.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the crisscrossed red yarn over the fabric - super wrap job!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Your post makes me chuckle!!! Great job on "recycling" all those goodies and what a festive little gift.

Jade said...

How adorable!

yyam said...

Oooooh...this is sooooo pretty! I love the recycled bits and those colours are amazing!

Thanks for joining us at LESSology! :)

~amy~ said...

absolutely wonderful! the packaging is a gift in itself! Super FUN!!!!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Great wrapping and good to know you are 'unhoarding.' I think you made up a new word but it's a perfect description. Also, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a nice comment.

Marlena M. said...

Wonderful wrapping~I love the colors and tags~

Jean Martin said...

Maria this is wonderful! Such a sweet wrapping! Hmm the opposite of hoarding...dispersing? heehee. :)

Dana said...

Lovely wrap!! I love how you did the flowers!! So cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...