Saturday, September 15, 2012

weck statt ball (Moxie Fab)


We don't have Ball jars in Germany.  We have "Weck Gläser".  Consider yourself enlightened ;)

Whatever.  I love 'em just the same because they evoke a down-on-the-farm feeling reminiscent of days gone by.  My days gone by.  I remember stopping by a relative's farm and there was always something being "put up" in the kitchen.  I myself can handle marmelade and "Pflaumenmus" but that's the extent of it.  Oh, I can do chutney too...

There's a new challenge at Moxie Fab, "The Jars of Joy", and IMO that they truly are.  But since I don't have any mason jar product (yet) I had to take a different approach.  As in alcohol inks and acetate to give a blue glass feel to my tag.  Cuz I was totally inspired by this photo.

image credit


Get it?  Red/white, blue glass, touch of metal.  Shine.  Joy.

Found a template online for a pillow box.  Used Nook and Pantry PP, a doily, some lace and some twine and there you have the packaging for some tags I made as a hostess gift.

Thanks for visiting.



Supplies pillow box:
Paper: PP Basic Grey
Stamps:Inkystamp
Ink: Versafine
Tools: dies MFT
Other: metal frame, lace, twine, doily

4 comments:

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

This is so beautiful!

Merilee Lane said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Merilee

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Jars of Joy Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

BethieJ said...

So PRETTY!!! I had to order some WECK jars after seeing them online last year! :) I love them!! (I do love any jar really! ;) )
Have a GREAT day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...