Monday, September 10, 2012

two-fer (LIM, SSS)

Typical me, I saw the Brown/Pink challenge over at Less is More.  Thought, "oh cool".  Missed the deadline.  Saw the new challenge One Layer Card.  Thought, "Brown/Pink One Layer Card."

Two actually.  Same concept for both.  You pick.


For the first one I used Distress Ink and heat embossed it with clear powder.  Mr. Tim does this successfully.  I never have.  (Pads not juicy enough??? Yo no se.)   So I stamped over the image with Versamark and then heat embossed again with clear.  Happy accident = notice the shadow effect to the main image.  Muy coolio.

I also gave my masked circles some extra treatment.  Water splashing.  Extra stamping.  Definitely adds interest but I wasn't sure I wanted so much interest.  Enter second card.


For this one I used Amuse pigment ink for the image.  The embossing really didn't work here either so I did the Versamark over the top thing again and once again got the shadow effect.  Do LOVE that.  I masked and inked the circles using two tones of Distress.  Went with a bday sentiment in same Amuse ink.


 The card is white.  Looks blue here, eh?  I'm trying my hand at PhotoScape editor.  Great free tool, but seems when I upload the pics to my blog, they come out blue-r than they were in the editor.  Hmmmm....

Also entering Simon Says Stamp challenge to Stamp It cuz I did.

Thanks so much for looking!



Supplies :
Paper: card base Papermania
Stamps: #1Kesi , #2  Kesi and PTI
Ink: #1 Distress, #2 Distress and Amuse Studio
Tools: die MFT to make mask
Other: Post-It & repositionable adhesive, clear embossing powder


8 comments:

Chrissie said...

You have achieved some really cool inking effects here Maria... sounds like you had fun experimenting too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sheila in Cyprus said...

WOW! Two stunning cards.

I love your first one, the water splashes made me think of someone blowing those fab bubbles in a bottle!

Love it.

Love Sheila x

Anonymous said...

Sahme to miss thew deadline.. this is fantastic! I Love them both... maybe just erring on the side of the spatter.... maybe not...

Geri said...

Maria!! So good to hear from you...hope you enjoy the new blog! BOTH of these cards are GORGEOUS!!! They are so unique, too! I like the second that's cleaner and simpler, but I LOVE the first!!! The water splashing and the extra stamping...it looks TOO COOL! A true work of art! You should be really proud of yourself on that design!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, these are so pretty Maria. Love the pink circles. The embossing was a nice touch. I can see the shadow effect. Thank you for leaving a sweet comment on my Moxie Fab article. :o)

Lisa Carroll said...

Gorgeous cards! Love those happy accidents. :) Thanks for playing along in our 'Put a STAMP On It!' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

Mandi said...

These are both amazing Maria
I particularly love the effect you have cleverly achieved [;-)] on the first
Fabulous
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Two fab cards - love your brave choice of the fab pink

Kathyk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...