Friday, September 28, 2012

sending fishes (Retro, YCU, SSS)


See fish.  See fish swim.  See fish heat embossed with clear powder (=shiny)  and then painted with Distress Inks used as watercolors.  Yep - a favorite technique with a new twist - after seeing Heidi V.L.'s beautiful card.  I was going to use watercolor pencils, but I only have a few standard colors.  Couldn't resist the spectrum of colors with Distress Inks...


The stamp actually did all the work.  I just colored it in.  Paintbrush.  Water.  Made me feel like an artist.  Again.  Oh the fun I'm having lately!  A sentiment on a piece of patterned vellum (cuz I couldn't bring myself to cover up too many fish) with a little strip of PP for interest.   Ta da.

Playing with the Retro Sketches Challenge #30:

And Young Crafter's Unite challenge #14 to Learn Something New:


And Simon Says Stamp, again.  Why not try to beat the odds ;)

                                        

Have a great weekend!  A special shout out to my followers.  So nice to see your smiling faces every day :)


Supplies believe in your dreams:
Paper: card base Buttinette, CS Neenah, PP scrap, vellum
Stamps: Stampout, sentiment Kaisercraft
Ink: Distress Ink, Versafine
Tools:
Other: clear embossing powder

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful...love the soft muted colors! PS I did see Jenny's card...amazing!

SmilynStef said...

I too hate lima beans and housework ... but I still do financial analysis by day when I'd usually rather be making cards ... love the gorgeous soft colors on this design ... simply stunning.

Anni said...

What a beautiful card! Love the background!
Anni

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful,soft effect Maria~

Karen B. said...

Oh my good glory, this is beautiful! What a wonderful way to showcase the technique!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous card! I LOVE the colors and the vellum sentiment strip. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Wendy said...

This is so beautiful and artistic. I love it!

Heather said...

A beautiful colours, your technique is wonderful and such stunning colours.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

Stephanie said...

This is beautiful! What a gorgeous background! Thanks for joining us at Young Crafters Unite!

Marie said...

Gorgeous card, I love the pretty colors on the backgroun =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

Katie said...

Awesome card! I loved the colors you used and your idea to use vellum to not cover up the background...I did a quick search to try to find the background stamp...but could not find it. Could you tell me the name and company of the fish stamp? If so, my email is imkt (at) excite (dot) com. Thanks!

Katie B.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...