Saturday, September 22, 2012

pretty pastel (CPT, Artful Delight)

Doubling up on the challenges for another card.    New to me, the sketch challenge at Artful Delight.  And the color challenge at Creative Paper Trade.



Worked with one of the digital papers -actually a notecard I turned into a  frame - which I was lucky enough to win during Creative Paper Trade's introductory week.  Just love Andrea B.'s combo of pastel colors with modern designs.  Worked with my new Amuse Studio pigment inks in those wonderful hues.  So wonderful you can barely see 'em, eh?

Taking the sketch from Artful Delights pretty darn literally, I opted for a tree (stamping with Teeny Trees from WMS).  For the leaves I used a "you" stamp, also from WMS cuz I wanted to play off the typography challenge also at The Creative Paper Trade this week.

Embellished with one of my homemade chipboard pieces and some washi.  A touch of Distress Spun Sugar around the edges and voila.

Happy Saturday ya'll.



Supplies Happy Birthday:
Paper: card base Papermania, digi paper Creative Paper Trade
Stamps: WMS, sentiment Hero ARts
Ink: Amuse Studio, Distress Ink
Tools: die PTI, punch EKS
Other: washi Bella Blvd., acrylic paint

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

How cute is this!?! love that you worked two of our challenges into one. That's a great little twiggy tree with the words floating among the branches. Thank you so much for joining us at The Creative Paper Trade!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

So glad you joined us at Artful Delight, I should play with digital papers more often (but I'm so bad at using my current stash!). And nothing wrong with literal in my book :)

Geri said...

How clever to use that note as a frame...and to flip it! LOVE the colors and the sweet washi, too...I've just recently bought some, but haven't had a chance to play with it yet...can't wait! Thanks for another great creation for the CPT, Maria! Looks like you're enjoying yourself...so glad to see it!

artfuldelight said...

Super cute card. Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight this month!! :-)

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Gorgeous card. So glad you joined us at Artful delight in our latest challenge!

Marlou McAlees said...

gorgeous card :)

JESSICA said...

Beautiful card! Love how you worked the colors and alpha challenges in one card! Great use of the washi tape too! Thank you so much for playing with us at Creative Paper Trade first week challenges! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...