Friday, September 14, 2012

orchid, tangerine, sea foam (PDCC, PS, YCU)


 Trends.  How long do they last?  But I did it.  Bought a chevron die.  Oh my goodness.  What fun.  What possibilities.  What a challenge (if you're good in spatial thinking -read:  I'm not - you can do awesome things with this baby).  Just check out JJ's blog.

Die cut a bunch of chevrons and then played around with them until I found a pattern I like.  Tons of possibilities.  Then, when you cut them into strips a whole nother (that's Michigan slang, BTW) world of possibilities presents itself.

I used the colors from this gorgeous photo board from The Play Date Cafe:


And this designer draft from Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge:



And am loving the trend challenges like this one at Young Crafters Unite:


Here she is.


Looks kinda wonky, but I purposely stamped the sentiment in lilac AND light gray to give it a bit more weight. It doesn't look that "fuzzy" IRL...  Notice how the twine guides your eye from the star down to the sentiment (thanks to Paper Crafts Connection  and Moxie Fab World I now know that's called "movement/flow")?

And because I actually needed a retirement card for a friend (yeah, I'm that old - actually I'm not but I have friends who are!!!) and because I had plenty of chevrons ;).  It needed to be more masculine so, more blue and vellum rather than twine.


Thanks for visiting.



Supplies cheers:
Paper: card base Buttinette, CS Papermania
Stamps: Kim Hughes CHF, sentiment Paper Smooches
Ink: Versamagic
Tools: dies MFT
Other: twine

Supplies happy happy everything:
Paper: card base Craft UK, CS Papermania, vellum
Stamps: Kim Hughes CHF, sentiment PTI
Ink: Versamagic, Versafine
Tools: dies MFT
Other: 

14 comments:

Christina said...

Both of these are fantastic, Maria! Gorgeous use of these colors and the chevron trend. :)

~amy~ said...

super gorgeous! Love them both! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!!!

Karen B. said...

These cards are trendy indeed, and what a perfect balance of the colors at hand.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! The long patterned focal panel is perfect Maria...and I love the shadow stamping on the first, it's perfectly light and airy. The colors are a great contrast to the strong lines of the chevron pattern itself. I LOVE THESE!

Marie said...

Fabulous cards, both of these! I love the twine detail on the first one =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

Marlena M. said...

This is a fantastic look! I love this.

Kimberly said...

Maria - both of these cards look awesome! I actually really like the look of the double-stamped sentiment on the first card - it looks like a super-thin die cut and its shadow! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

Connie Mercer said...

beautiful work !!! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What great cards, Maria! I love the shadow you used on the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! LOVE both of these cards! AMAZING design--love the vellum too! THANKS for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

Veronica Z said...

WOW, your card is fantastic!! Love your chevron stripes, and your double stamped sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Wow! I love your cards! The chevron dies are so versatile, aren't they? I love how you stamped the sentiment on the first card, and the vellum is a great addition on the second card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

JJ Bolton said...

Both of your cards turned out so cool! Love the chevron strip! The stamped star really works so well to balance out the sentiment! TFS Maria!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...