Tuesday, September 18, 2012

midnight feast amongst tiny trees (WMS)

Nearly missed this one (something's up with my reader) but I'm playing along with the Waltzingmouse blog party with the theme "Fall".

My mind went to Tiny Trees and great fall colors.  But then I thought that was too easy.  Then I saw the sketch and decided to go with silhouettes in a group of four.  Then it dawned on me.  Halloween silhouettes and Halloweeny colors.


Stamped some watercolor-y squares using the back of an inchie stamp and Distress and Adirondack inks misted with Perfect Pearls water.  You can see the cool sheen a bit on this close up.



Stamped the bat and cut the images using a circle die cut.  Cuz I felt like using circles.  And I don't have square dies.  That made the selection of PP pretty easy when I saw this dot pattern in a My Mind's Eye Halloween pack I have.  Decided to add some heat embossed teeny trees and bats in the background and put the sentiment (Happy Halloween) on the inside.

First Halloween card of the season for me.  Thanks for looking.



Supplies :
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, PP My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Waltzingmouse
Ink: Adirondack, Distress, Versafine, Versamark
Tools: dies MFT
Other: embossing powder



11 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Just too darn cute and those trees in black for Halloween, just so smart. Adorable card with all of those fun bats...just too cute.

Deborah Frings said...

Great card - I like the embossed bats - lovely shine!

Julia Aston said...

what a fun Halloween design! love the almost not seen bare trees along the bottom and the splashes of color with the bats in the circles!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, great take on this weeks WM sketch...hope you have a fabulous week!

enjoy *~*

Kelly S. said...

I LOVE how the colors just POP against that dotted background, Maria! The swooping bats are so cool among the Teeny Tree forest. The shiny embossing makes them authentically spooky, EEK! So glad that you got to play along after all!

Laurie said...

HOw fun! I love the color blocking you did!

Marlena M. said...

I love the blocking! Wonderful colors too.

Jeanne J. said...

I love the colors and the bats flying this way and that - looks like a spooky Halloween night!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a fun card! I love the bats in those wonderful color blocks! So glad you could play along this week!

Renee said...

What a fabulously fun take on both challenges! :)
Love the bats among those bright, bold colors!
So happy you good could play along with us this week at WMSC! :)

Vickie Z said...

Love the watercolory squares!!!! Silhouette bats pop on those colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...