Thursday, September 6, 2012

half-pint happy turkey (Hero, ABNH, Moxie Fab)

For as CAS as this card is, it sure took me awhile to get it to come together.  Maybe it was the abundance of ideas spinning through my brain...

What it came down to was that I missed the Play Date Cafe cutoff, but those colors were stuck in my head - evergreen, olive, cherry blossom and gray.  Then I saw the new Hero Arts challenge to use fall colors, including olive, purple, orange and gray and I decided to combine that along with their challenge to use non-holiday stamp sets for holiday cards (that's how I interpreted it anyway.)

Had still been turning the design concept of "Gallon, Quart, Pint" from Moxie Fab over in my head and decided to give that a go within the framework of CAS.  Can I call that a challenge-within-a-challenge?

And the gals at A Blog Named Hero are all about embossing (dry or heat) so how's about a little woodgrain?


My goal was a Happy Turkey Day card.  Used HA stamps for summer (bird) and Christmas (selective inking of Happy Holidays).  Went with the colors of olive, eggplant and orange (see the teensy bling?).  Applied them in gallon, quart and pint amounts.  Knew I wanted to add an embossed strip and chose woodgrain.  Added two cross-stitched Xs to balance out my nifty spifty threesome of images, deciding to keep them white to just let their texture do their thing.  Clean.  And simple.  Now it is.



Thanks for your visit.


Supplies happy turkey:
Paper: CS Neenah, DCWV
Stamps: bird and sentiment Hero Arts, leaf PTI
Ink: Ancient Page, Distress Ink, Versafine
Tools:  embossing folder Craft Concepts, paper piercer
Other:  bling, twine


3 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is really, really cute, Maria!

cheiron said...

So pretty...that little strip of embossing is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing along with the "Who's the Boss" challenge over at A Blog Named Hero this week!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Gallon/Quart/Pint Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...