Friday, September 7, 2012

best witches Wanda (paper smooches, PDCC, Moxie Fab)

Great Paper Smooches image + Play Date Cafe colors = True Love.


The image of a retro gal over at Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge reminded me of this card  of Judith's which I absolutely loved.  And I was lucky enough to get the Halloweenies stamp set from my blog friend, Barb.  Pair the witch up with the Play Date Cafe awesome colors...






... and may I introduce you to Wanda.


Cuz I'm thinkin' that retro lady could very well have been named Wanda.

Went with a houndstooth BG stamped in gray.  Stamped the witch, without her hat, on white CS in navy blue.  Trimmed her down, off-center.  Gave her some rosy cheeks.  Stamped her hat again but turning the pointy hat into a real lady's hat (thanks to a navy Sharpie), cut it out and added it on top of the peachy plume.  Rounded the corner of the image panel.  Heat embossed the sentiment with silver onto navy CS and trimmed the edge with zig zag scissors.  (Still trying to keep with the story board of PDC - textured, remember?)

Truth be told?  I was gonna pair Wanda with a snotty sentiment like "39, eh?".  But when I saw her in navy and then gave her the plume on her hat, she got all ladylike on me!  Will have to make a snotty card later ;)

And Wanda is also going to hang out over at Moxie Fab cuz I gave the Gallon, Quart, Pint rule a go again on this CAS card.  Got a gallon of gray, a quart of navy and a (generous) pint of peach.

Wanda and I wish you a "splendid weekend, my dears."



Supplies best wishes:
Paper: card base Papermania, CS Neenah
Stamps: Paper Smooches, BG WMS
Ink: Versamagic, Jenny Bowlin, Versamark
Tools:  corner rounder EKS, decorative edge scissors
Other:   feather, embossing powder



8 comments:

kasia c. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
Wanda is fabulous. :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Smooches Sparks!

Patrice said...

Great use of the colors - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-36.html

Connie Mercer said...

super cute~Thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!!!!

~amy~ said...

okay...love it:) Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Veronica Z said...

What a super fun and cute card!! Thank you for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHHHH! MY! I love that feather in the hat and I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you used these colors! Great card--totally RETRO:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a fun card! I love the houndstooth backgound and the little peach feather and cheeks are perfect! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks again for linking up to the Gallon/Quart/Pint Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...