Saturday, June 2, 2012

a rose is a rose (Paper Smooches Sparks)

It's still all about THE rose.  For the card set for my neighbor.  Here is Card #3.  This one was a combo of the pocket card shown in PTI's Make it Monday video #68 and the inspiration photo from Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.

I  

I love that piano. That color - yum. And the Art Deco style of it. Yep, that works with a rose, right? So I went with the color. It immediately reminded me of bandana PP (it spoke to the country girl in me!) I bought awhile ago.  And bandanas made me think of the Happy Trails stamp set (CHF) of Kim's and the adorable little paisleys. So I distributed them (like the plates on the wall) on the pocket and the pull out card.  Some bling on the pocket.  And a couple of layers to the rose for more dimension.  And the sentiment from Word Up.  Done.

BTW,  I created the pocket to fit in a standard envelope like a normal card.


Thanks for visiting, partner.


Supplies glückwunsch:
Paper:kraft Papermania, CS American Crafts, PP Martha Stewart
Stamps: The Craft's Meow, CHF, Paper Smooches
Ink: Versafine
Tools: sewing machine, corner rounder EKS
Other: bling
 




3 comments:

M said...

Loving all your rose designs, look forward to seeing more! M x

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the way you made the flower out of those fabulous papers.

Erica said...

Fabulous pocket card! I love the stitching and the paisleys! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...