Monday, June 4, 2012

a rose is a rose and more (PDCC)



This rose (I'm not counting anymore) is going over to the Play Date Cafe challenge #134:


And to the Young Crafter's Unite Flower challenge #10:

YCU_10_badge

The PDC colors are so fun and delicate.  As are the inspiration photos.  So sketchy.  Cool.

I actually made two cards with the colors.  First off is the rose card, this time for my aunt's 70th bday.  She may be 70 but she doesn't seem it at all.   Went lighter on the coloring of the rose - yellow and pink this time.  Added that die cut strip of the perfect DCWV red, some gray spatters and some matting with PP too.  And a sweet sentiment on a tag attached with a teensy tiny brad.

Then, using up scraps,  I tried my hand at the "little collage and lotsa white space" that's happening out in cardmaking blogland.  Need more practice but I'm OK with this first attempt.

What I love about it?  All the white space.  What I don't love?  It'll take a million years to use up my stash using this method!


Supplies happy birthday:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS Neenah and DCWV, PP Pink Petticoat, tag
Stamps: The Craft's Meow, spatter Tim Holtz, sentiment Stampendous
Ink: Adirondack and Distress,  Versacolor, Versafine
Tools: die memory Box, sewing machine
Other:brad Basic Grey, embroidery floss
 
Supplies You're so sweet:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS DCWV, PP Pink Petticoat
Stamps: Viva, spatter Tim Holtz, sentiment WMS
Ink:Jenny Bowlin, gray Versafine
Tools: die Memory Box, punch Martha Stewart
Other:
 
 

7 comments:

Denise said...

Maria, I love that you experimented with different card styles. I love the beautiful coloring of your rose - so gorgeous! SO glad you joined us this week in the Cafe!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Maria, the card for your aunt is gorgeous! The flower totally has my attention, with its soft coloring and the way you expertly trimmed it. After that, I notice the other elements around it, equally gorgeous.

Your comment about taking too long to use up your stash made me laugh!

Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Love your embossed flower - so beautiful!

Unknown said...

beautiful! your sense of design is perfect...love it!

Jinny Newlin said...

I just LOVE that big, bold flower, Maria, and your patterns and textures are delish! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Stacy said...

Simply wonderful job on this week's color challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Marie said...

That flower is so beautiful, great coloring =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...