Tuesday, June 5, 2012

a rose is an eden 85 (watercolor)


Lest you fear I've completely lost it, another friend just called and invited us to her bday brunch next weekend.  Guess what she's getting as a gift?!?!?  This rose (#8 I believe) was made with two challenges in mind.  The sketch #14 at Retro Sketches, although I took me some liberties!  And the flower challenge #10 at Young Crafters Unite.



YCU_10_badge

This poor rose.  Watercolored to near death - aqua pencils, watercolors, sparkling watercolors.  But it took that long for me to get the effect I was hoping for.

Created the strip down the side by inking the leaf stamp with Versamark and stamping.  Decided upon the French sentiment stamp and had to place the flower more centrally than in the sketch.


Meet Eden Rose 85.  She was kind enough to "pose" for this card.


I just love this time of year in my yard.  The English roses delight on a daily basis as they go from bud to bloom.  Thanks for coming by.


Supplies joyeux anniversaire:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS Neenah, kraft Papermania
Stamps: The Craft's Meow, sentiment Artemio
Ink: Versamark, Memento, Versafine
Tools: waterbrush
Other: watercolors and watercolor pencils
 

6 comments:

M said...

Beautiful, and I bet your garden is stunning with all the lovely blooms you've been posting. What inspiration! M x

Unknown said...

simply gorgeous. the subtle leaf border is stunning. it's the perfect accent

Colleen Dietrich said...

Maria, I don't blame you for being on a rose kick lately. Especially when you've got Miss Eden looking at you in your garden! Wow, what a rose. I LOVE this CAS card of yours, I think the best out of all the rose cards lined up here.

BTW, I finally cut into a bit of that German book page today, for an 'Inspired by Stamping' challenge card coming up in another month. I love my goodies auf Deutschland, Maria! Danke for sending them to me.

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful flower and a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at Young Crafters Unite!!

Marie said...

SUCH a beautiful flower on your card =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

Chunyuan said...

gorgeous flower. Thanks for joining YCU.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...